Network Operations Engineer
Posted on 6/30/2021
- Five or more years of enterprise Network Administration experience
- Deep and rich understanding of network theory at both the micro and macro level - protocols, applications, topologies
- Strong networking background with good breadth of knowledge across other IT domains (security, platform, storage)
- Broad experience with Cisco network technologies
- Understands and is capable of applying network design and configuration best practices
- Deep understanding of routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP) and common topologies
- Experience managing security devices including firewalls, TACACS/Radius, VPN
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred: Cisco certification (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE), Security certification(s), F5 BigIP, DNS, Layer 7 Firewalls including Cisco ASA & Palo Alto, network proxy platforms (Forcepoint, Blue Coat, Zscaler), CASB controls and Azure/AWS networking technologies
- Preferred: Financial industry experience
- Preferred: Experience with Python and Ansible
- The compensation band for this role is $150,000 - $275,000
World's largest hedge fund
Bridgewater Associates is an asset management firm, focused on delivering unique insight and partnership for global institutional investors.
- Best-in-class medical insurance and prescription drug coverage, with all premiums fully covered by Bridgewater, for employees and their dependents.
- Generous dental and vision insurance offerings.
- Concierge patient services for anyone dealing with serious or chronic issues and the capability to find the highest quality doctors in their area.
- Telemedicine service with 24/7 availability of medical professionals at no cost to employees.
- Confidential and free counseling services with licensed therapists and clinicians provided through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Healthcare Advocate advisors to help navigate the healthcare system.
- Ability to take time off when employees need it: Our new flexible paid time off policy requires employees to take a minimum of 15 days per year, with no cap. In addition, there are 16 annual company holidays — the standard NYSE schedule plus six additional holidays, yielding several four-day weekends throughout the year.
- Unlimited, fully paid sick days for all Bridgewater employees.
- Paid and unpaid leave of absence options, including fully paid short-term disability, long-term disability benefits, and bereavement.
- Eight weeks of fully paid parental bonding and care-giving time for all new parents with an additional eight weeks of paid medical recovery time for those who give birth.
- Optional part-time ramp back program for returning parents as they transition back to work.
- State-of-the-art mother’s rooms with equipment and accessories to support breastfeeding mothers.
- Resources for parents, including a working parents group, support finding childcare, and support for parents of children with behavioral or developmental special needs.
- Support for family planning that includes financial assistance for adoption, surrogacy, and egg/embryonic freezing costs.
- 30 days of back-up dependent care, with access to a national network of childcare centers, in-home providers, and eldercare resources as well as discounted rates on academic support services.
- Pet insurance plans that reimburse eligible veterinary expenses relating to wellness coverage, accidents, illnesses, and injuries.
- For employees on Guard or Reserve assignments, Bridgewater ensures full pay for up to a year and continuous benefits coverage for up to two years.
- Competitive 401(k) plan that matches up to $15k of employee contributions annually, with immediate eligibility and vesting.
- Free and automatic enrollment into Basic Life insurance; supplemental life insurance is available at cost for employees who are looking for additional coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts for eligible health and dependent care expenses, which allow employees to set aside pre-tax dollars for eligible medical needs, childcare, or eldercare.
- Competitive group rates for life and accident insurance, auto and home insurance, and group legal plans.
- Commuter benefit program that allows employees to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for commuting costs via public transportation.
- Remote work flexibility with most employees required to work onsite 2-3 days per week, with flexibility to work offsite on other days.
- Free access to on-site gyms and meditation rooms.
- Free daily prepared lunch and a variety of on-the-go meals, snack, and beverage options.
- Engaged and active community that includes frequent company events (such as our Distinguished Speaker Series), several affinity networks, and nearly 100 employee-led extracurricular groups.