Director of Engineering
Product & UI Platforms
Posted on 7/28/2022
- A minimum of 10 years proven experience building software in professional engineering teams
- A minimum of 5 years of engineering management, building and leading software engineering teams
- A minimum of 3 years of experience leading a large engineering organization
- Solid understanding of the difference between product/feature teams and platform teams, with hands-on experiences with running platforms teams at scale
- Experience working at a large, well established technology focused company
- Results-driven. Kraken is an outcomes driven organization and we speak, live and breathe through results. You should share the passion, with a strong focus on generating efficiency and value for Kraken Engineering
- Meritocracy advocate. You believe merit (abilities and experience) is above all other metrics when assessing the engineers both within the organization and when hiring new members
- Engineer-centric mindset. The platforms we are building are going to be leveraged by hundreds of Kraken engineers across many teams, you must be mindful of how these are going to be leveraged and used to improve productivity
- Team builder. Proven track record demonstrating the ability to attract, hire, empower and develop the best managers and engineers
- Continuously improving. You relentlessly pursue continuous improvement in every aspect of what you do, from how you work to the knowledge of our industry and your craft. You're never fully satisfied and never settle, always striving to get better and never resting on the successes of yesterday
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
- Familiarity with continuous delivery practices and how to best leverage the ability to ship low cost changes quickly
- Deliver business impact. You'll work with your cross functional partners, and adjacent engineering teams to come up with success metrics, build and execute on concrete action plans
- Build an influential culture of engineering excellence. You'll ensure everybody on your team understands, and adheres to, Kraken's engineering excellence standards whilst maintaining the right balance between delivery speed and product quality
- Lead a group of engineering talent. You'll deliver results while attracting and retaining top talent, refining the team structures as they scale
- Set the team vision. You'll understand the direction of the company, align and translate it into an actionable plan for your teams
- Build trust and foster a collaborative team culture. You'll identify future leaders and help them grow in each of your focus areas
- Collaborate with and influence other teams. You'll share and communicate roadmaps with external teams, understand and align team goals to collectively deliver results efficiently
- Have an excellent executive presence. You'll communicate the team's vision/plan effectively and represent your organization and it's POV in the overall Kraken Engineering organization
Kraken's mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion.
- Competitive salary and equity plan
- 401k contribution plan
- Vacation & Generous PTO
- Paid Tranings
Company Core Values
- Remote Friendly: 90% of Krakenites work remotely, we believe people do their best work wherever they're happiest
- Flexibility and Autonomy: We are highly results-focused vs. time-focused. We want you to work when and how you need to keep you at your most proactive.
- Diversity: Our Team is spread across 60 countries. By joining Kraken you'll be part of a truly multicultural organization that values diversity and inclusion.
- Kindness: From executive leadership onwards, we are committed to making Kraken a welcoming and respectful community.