Senior Laboratory Technician
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA
- We are solving the engineering problem of our generation. Climate change is an existential threat, and we need as many of the world's motivated minds as possible to help. There is no greater challenge or opportunity than fighting climate change
- We have done this before. We have done this before. We're engineers, scientists, and concerned humans from a variety of backgrounds and experiences who are pooling our knowledge and skills to collectively build a more equitable, prosperous future for all
- We are a united, resilient, and optimistic bunch. We are all here for the same reason - to slow climate change. We recognize the magnitude of the challenge ahead of us, and believe we can solve it. We can see a hopeful future where we eventually reverse climate change. It won't be easy, but we won't quit
- We are backed by the best climate partners in the world. We're well funded by investors from Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Ahren Innovation Capital, Carbon Direct, Microsoft, Lowercarbon Capital, ARPA-e and the National Science Foundation. Our early customers include Stripe, Shopify, and Klarna, and we're building durable partnerships that enable us to tackle this decades-long problem
- We are seeking a skilled laboratory technician to join our world-class team of technicians, scientists, and engineers in scaling our unique direct air capture technology
- As a laboratory technician, you will be responsible for designing and implementing laboratory procedures and protocols, maintaining and troubleshooting laboratory equipment, expanding our data management system, and monitoring inventory levels of laboratory supplies
- Your work will contribute to our mission of developing an economical and scalable carbon removal solution
Carbon dioxide air capture system
Naturally occurring minerals - alongside forests, soils, and the ocean - are one of our planet's most vital carbon sinks. Over geological timescales, carbon dioxide in the air and water chemically bind to these minerals and permanently turn to stone. Heirloom's technology enhances this natural process, called carbon mineralization, to help minerals absorb CO2 from the ambient air in days, rather than years. By combining the best of engineering and nature, they can offer the most cost-effective and scalable Direct Air Capture solution in the world.
- Covered health, dental and vision
- Generous parental leave. 16 weeks paid leave for all Heirloom employees, regardless of primary/secondary caregiver status.
- Generous stock options
- Flexible time off. Unlimited PTO for exempt (salaried) employees & 80 hours for full time non-exempt (hourly) employees.
- Stay healthy. Monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
- Learn on the job. Robust annual education and conference budget, including airfare and hotel costs.
Company Core Values
- Radical Honesty
- Persistent Optimism
- Maximize Learning Rate