About Lilac Solutions, Inc.
Lilac Solutions is a lithium extraction technology company focused on scaling lithium production for the electric vehicle era. Lilac solves the critical technology problems which today prevent development of the world’s largest lithium resources: low yields, high costs, slow start-up, poor reliability, and massive environmental impacts. Lilac’s technology represents such a step-change in performance and cost that it also unlocks the development of new unconventional lithium deposits with low lithium grades and high impurities, which have historically been impossible to produce. In 2021, Lilac raised $150M in Series B financing from investors including T. Rowe Price, Lowercarbon Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Sumitomo, BMW and SK Materials. Lilac is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Lilac is seeking an Executive Vice President to manage the company’s Lithium Division. This division is responsible for engineering, construction, and operations of integrated lithium projects that will process brine feedstock and produce battery-grade lithium chemicals. This person will report to Lilac’s CEO and collaborate closely with the executive team including leaders of other Technical Divisions, Finance, Legal, People, and Regions. The role will have broad responsibilities covering all aspects of team building, project management, permitting, EPC, project execution, commissioning, and operations. The role will also be involved with business development and corporate development activities.
This individual will oversee development and operations of a global portfolio of large lithium projects with overarching responsibility for schedule, budget, and team. With a long view toward the ultimate success of the company, this person will develop corporate structure, stakeholder relationships, and company culture. This role is preferred to sit in our HQ that is based in Oakland, CA but open for Remote work.
- Background in engineering (chemical, mechanical, mining, etc)
- 15+ years in a management role in chemicals, metals, and/or mining
- Experience operating chemical and/or mining projects internationally
- Experience managing permitting and project execution of complex plants at greenfield sites
- Experience managing a portfolio of multiple project sites
- Experience building and rapidly scaling teams for project execution and operations
- Experience with deployment of new technologies preferred
- Track record of delivering projects on time and on budget
- Committed to sustainability, diversity, and inclusion
- Ambition to succeed in a dynamic and fast-paced startup company environment
- US work authorization
- Spanish preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the year, including to remote locations in South America
- Competitive Salary
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible time off policy
- Eight weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Daily catered lunch for HQ Employees
- Monthly phone stipend
- 401k program
Lilac Solutions is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation for participating in any protected activity. Lilac Solutions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.