Posted on 12/30/2022
New York, NY, USA
Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Digital content acquisition or distribution experience with a studio or other digital media content provider, and/or digital content licensing experience for a direct-to-consumer streaming service, is preferred
- JD received from an ABA-accredited U.S. law school
- 5-8 years years of legal experience required in content licensing, with experience in technology and commercial transactions
- 3+ years of in-house legal department experience
- An excellent negotiator with strong influencing skills experienced in drafting complex content acquisition or distribution contracts
- Demonstrated ability to balance necessary legal protections with practical business needs
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex legal transactions and drive them to close amidst interdepartmental concerns
- Must be a licensed Attorney
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating content acquisition deals, with a deep understanding of multi-platform digital rights licensing, including drafting/negotiating across all rights and fees structures, and experience negotiating DRM/content protection and other IP-related needs
- Experience in effectively negotiating against both larger studios and indie licensors, and the ability to evolve and grow business relationships with valued content partners
- Working with colleagues to establish best practices and templates for use in all content and general commercial matters and identify practical business solutions for driving contracts to close in a manner that balances meeting business objectives and mitigating risk
- Developing and providing training to internal clients on the content of and compliance with the Tubi's agreements and policies
- Assisting other legal team members with overflow work and counseling clients as needed
- Experience with streaming, technology, and content protection issues
- Experience with multi-platform, direct-to-consumer application distribution
- Experience with digital media advertising and/or ad technology, and marketing, a plus
Tubi is the world's largest ad-supported video on demand (VOD) service. Available on Connected TV devices, Mobile, and the Web.
- Compensation - Every employee is paid a competitive & equitable salary.
- Benefits - We offer generous coverage for health, dental, vision, and more for you and your dependents.
- Parental Leave Program - We are proud to support growing families of all shapes and sizes and types. We welcome each new addition with generous paid time off to bond with your new addition.
- Wellness - Tubi cares about your well being inside and out. That’s why we offer multiple coverage options for mental and physical well being for you and your family as well as a fitness stipend.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program - Your professional growth and development are important to Tubi and we’re here to support you.
- 401(k) Match - Investing in your future is important to us. From our highly-rated retirement savings matches to financial advisors and planning services, we offer many resources to help keep you financially fit.
Company Core Values
- Team first
- Act with integrity
- Grow yourself
- Deliver Delight
- Own it