Plastic Injection Molding
Posted on 3/15/2023
Austin, TX, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate and 2+ years of professional experience in a hands-on manufacturing environment OR bachelor's degree in an engineering, math or physics discipline
- Associate or bachelor's degree in an engineering, math or technical discipline
- Experience producing J-STD-001 Class 2, IPC-A-610 Class 2 or equivalent hardware
- Experience programming, loading and operating the following automated equipment: paste printer, solder paste inspection (SPI), pick and place, reflow oven, automated optical inspection (AOI), X-ray inspection, adhesive/coating dispenser, BGA rework
- Experience with electrical test, in circuit and/or bed of nails testing
- Ability to deliver high quality hardware in a fast paced NPI environment
- Ability to adapt and process change quickly
- Excellent computer skills (email, Microsoft Windows, ERP/MRP/MES systems, iOS, executing custom developed software)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and teamwork skills
- Ability to provide process and design improvement suggestions to engineering
- Able to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching may be required to perform the functions of this position
- Able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
- Able to travel for business trips as needed (up to 70%) to Hawthorne, CA for initial training (3-4 months) and up to 10% on an ongoing basis
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Execute new product introduction builds across all work centers
- Program, load, and operate automated equipment
- Triage non-conforming product and drive resolution and preventative actions
- Resolve production issues while ensuring design integrity, product quality, and delivery timelines
- Perform process development and validation on new models in extremely aggressive timelines
- Ensure the successful transition of products from development to volume production
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for yield, performance, and cost
- Define maintenance schedules and support activities
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.