Outset is a medical technology company pioneering a first-of-its-kind technology to reduce the cost and complexity of dialysis. The Tablo Hemodialysis System, FDA cleared for use from the hospital to the home, represents a significant technological advancement that transforms the dialysis experience for patients and operationally simplifies it for providers. Tablo serves as a single enterprise solution that can be utilized across the continuum of care, allowing dialysis to be delivered anytime, anywhere and by anyone. The integration of water purification and on-demand dialysate production enables Tablo to serve as a dialysis clinic on wheels, with 2-way wireless data transmission and a proprietary data analytics platform powering a new holistic approach to dialysis care.
The Clinical Specialist will provide tactical support of sales and marketing efforts with a focus on clinical application and product training for the Tablo device and Outset Medical. This includes supporting existing customers and educating new customers on the safe and effective use of Tablo. The Clinical Specialist will be responsible for driving treatment utilization through successful and effective launches, influencing new prescribers and growing current install base of treatments per console. The Clinical Specialist will work with and support sales activities that require clinical expertise and will be actively involved in the continuous improvement of training programs. This role will cover a specific geography but will flex to other markets when needed to support implementations and go-lives.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Grow treatment revenue by influencing physicians and increasing utilization in current accounts.
- Drive change in current accounts using clinical expertise and the value proposition to establish successful Tablo programs.
- Coordinate product training for customers and sales agents.
- Effectively work cross-functionally with Outset Team members to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Develop strategies and execute sales activities in your market to drive expansion of Tablo in the acute and home market.
- Successfully implement and train clinical staff to full adoption of the Tablo program.
- Support regional sales and marketing development events.
- Manage administrative tasks; reporting of dialysis treatments, training information and treatment growth outcomes in assigned region.
- Drive and execute customer business reviews in your territory.
- Effectively utilize company resources to change clinical practice.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2 years of clinical experience, ideally in Dialysis
- 2 years medical device, biotech or pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Proven record of clinical and sales success
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to persuade decision makers
- Strong work ethic as an individual and on a team
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications.
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Ambition to advance the business using clinical expertise
- Display enthusiasm, ambition, and a strong work ethic
- Must show ability to excel in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Must be detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Maintain a sense of urgency, work effectively under pressure, and be able to multi-task
The Annual Salary for this position is: $110,000.00 + commissions.
We feel passionately about pay equality. Discretionary adjustments to the position’s starting compensation may be made in consideration of other relevant factors pertaining to eligible applicants, including, but not limited to, their specific skills, level, geographical location, and comparison to other employees already in the same or similar roles.
*This range represents our good-faith and reasonable estimate regarding what we reasonably expect to pay for this position at the time of posting.
Outset also offers the following benefits:
- EAP/Mental Health
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- Short/Long Term Disability
- FSA (Dependent & Healthcare)
- HSA w/ Employer contribution
- Commuter Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Fertility benefits
- Wellness initiatives
- Legal Assistance
- Pet insurance
- Financial Advisement & Wellbeing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Payback
- Employee discounts
- Professional Development/Learning
- Collaboration Days (lunch onsite)
- Happy Hours/Karaoke
- PTO/Sick time
- Holidays + Volunteer Day
Privacy is important to us. Please review our Applicant Privacy Notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Outset Medical is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other protected status set forth in federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization.