Senior Data Scientist
Trust & Safety, Account Integrity
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Burlingame, CA, USA
- Highly self-driven. You are perpetually curious and consistently strive to improve your skills by learning the latest modeling techniques and data tools. You thrive with freedom and autonomy and are excited by exploring new problem spaces
- A strong communicator. You understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and engage in spirited discussions about the findings. You have the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences and discuss appropriate tradeoffs
- Motivated by impact. You find great satisfaction in being able to point to direct contributions you've made to an organization. You recognize the inherent tradeoffs between further research/experimentation and productionization apply the appropriate methodology to maximize impact
- An expert transforming data with SQL and a scripting language such as Python or R. You're experienced in automating efforts and crunching massive volumes of data in distributed systems using frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop or Flink
- Experienced in developing models to draw insights from data and automate decisions. You are capable of using machine learning and statistical techniques to model a variety of different types of data from time-series and sequential data to unstructured data like text and images. You are comfortable throughout different phases of data product development and can take a project from ideation to deployment
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other technical field
- 4+ years of industry experience OR 2+ years of academic experience in addition to 2+ years of industry experience
- 2+ years of experience in statistical modeling and machine learning
- 2+ years of experience using big data query/processing languages such as SQL, Hive or Spark to transform/manipulate very large datasets
- 2+ years of experience in one or more scripting languages such as Python or R
- Reporting to the Senior Manager, you will accelerate product development through your understanding of the underlying data and your ability to partner with product and technical leaders to provide insights that lead to the safest experiences for Roblox's sizable user base
- Investigate new ways to discover automated behavior on the Roblox platform
- Develop modeling solutions to identify new attacks and signals of malicious user behavior
- Collaborate with engineering teams to push detection systems toward real-time identification
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other technical field
- 2+ years of industry experience in analytics focused on improving detection of automated users and repeat account signup at a company with large-scale data
- 2+ years of experience in a fast-growing company or industry, such as the tech sector
- Prior experience leading or building project areas from scratch as an individual contributor
- Demonstrated impact in reducing platform harm from bot activity
Game platform and game creation system
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. They enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers.
- Benefits and Perks - The health and well-being of our employees and their families is our top priority. We offer robust and comprehensive programs with variety to best meet your needs.
- Well-Being Benefits - With flexible time off and a bi-annual, company-wide spring/summer recharge, Roblox knows how to balance working hard with winding down.
- Financial Benefits - Competitive compensation packages, 401(k) matching, and flexible share incentives that let you choose how to share in our success.
- Health and Wellness - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, family planning resources, and 12 weeks off for all new parents.
- Flexible Workplace - Our hybrid work schedule balances working onsite and working remotely. Enjoy daily lunch and an in-house fitness center when working from our San Mateo headquarters.
Company Core Values
- Inspire Others
- Work Hard
- Respect the Community
- Get Stuff Done