Manufacturing Engineering Intern
Posted on 2/11/2022
Everett, MA, USA
- Hands-on, self-taught, and love to work on hardware
- Skilled at debugging, testing, and identifying the root cause of problems
- Organized, meticulous, and detail-oriented
- Independent, self-starter with strong communication skills
- Support manufacturing technical readiness in collaboration with NPI teams; working directly with R&D teams to drive results from early prototype phases through program completion
- Support Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFM & DFA) in support of product, system, jig/fixture and process design
- Collaborate across functions on complex engineering and operational challenges
- Support implementing tools, equipment and process methods to ensure reliability and quality of products
- Support production lines in ensuring technical capability to meet production goals
- Utilize factory data to analyze process capabilities and troubleshooting at Suppliers and Contract Manufacturers
- Experience with data visualization, analysis and communication tools (SQL, Tableau, JMP, Minitab, JIRA, Asana, etc)
- Have a desire to understand system level interactions of complex electro-mechanical products
- Understanding of GD&T principles to define and evaluate quality
Advanced 3D printing systems
Formlabs is reinventing 3D printing by expanding access to digital fabrication, so anyone can make anything.
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
- Autonomy: We leave space for people to do their best, and take initiative to chart their own career course.
- Cutting Edge: We’re building things that haven’t been built before, so we can push the edge of what’s possible.
- Results: We dream big, but our focus on getting things done is what drives us forward.
- Curiosity: We are always asking why to push ideas and actions beyond the status quo.