Software Engineer - Capture Team
Posted on 2/1/2022
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) with 5+ years of experience working as a software engineer
- Have 2+ years of experience designing, developing, and shipping software products and services with a distributed backend
- Software design and architecture skills including the ability to write maintainable, and robust code in an object oriented language
- Strong in computer science fundamentals data structures, algorithms and OO design with an eye toward avoiding and reducing technical debt
- Experience building high volume and highly scalable microservices
- Effective communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively on shared projects with other developers, testers and designers
- Measure your success through impact
- Experience in Golang is desired
- Experience in Java or python
- Experience in working with data at scale and exposure to building frameworks to solve integration problems is desired
- Hands-on experience by independently building and delivering features
- Build an efficient Data Ingestion pipeline that can process millions of objects per minute
- Design and Build a horizontally scalable distributed system which is multi-tenant
- Build Data systems and pipelines that can profile and transform metadata and data from a data warehouse or a data lake
- Build innovative new features including our next generation frameworks that simplify the complexity and enable next level of scale
- Work with our amazing product and design team to build a core product experience
- Have autonomy to scope, prioritize to ship fast and write impactful code
- Familiarity with Kafka, gRPC, Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Working knowledge of Relational Databases - Postgres is a plus!
- Familiarity with 1 or more front-end frameworks (e.g. React) is a plus
Data analytics for enterprises
Alation is a hyper-growth startup leading the Machine Learning Data Catalog space with an innovative product, passionate customers, and a team of people all working towards a common goal: to change the way people work with data.
- Health and wellness package
- Vacation and time off
- 401(k), performing bonus, and company equity
- Promote from within; lunch and learns
- Commuter benefit program, company outings, happy hours, certain meals provided
- Move the Ball: Taking action, whether it’s effecting a partial solution or taking a small step forward instead of a big one.
- Listen Like You’re Wrong: Listening with an open mind, trying to understand others’ perspectives before sharing your own.
- Build for the Long-Term: Taking the time to lay solid foundations for future success.
- Measure Success Through Customer Impact: The team ultimately measures themselves by the impact they achieve. They strive for fairness and kindness in all interactions.