The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB Atlas, MongoDB’s flagship product is the most advanced cloud database service on the market, with unmatched data distribution and mobility across AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud, built-in automation for resource and workload optimization, and so much more. Migration Services is a new practice within MongoDB Professional Services to drive the Atlas onboarding journeys of our most important and technically demanding customers and make them fantastically successful over the customer lifetime.
We are looking for the first Senior Technical Project Manager in the Migration Services Practice - the TPM will own Atlas onboarding for some of the highest value and visible MongoDB customers. As one of the first TPMs, you will have a chance to shape the delivery processes and grow with the team. You should be passionate about customer success and know what it takes to implement new technology within the enterprise successfully. You will be part of a team of technologists, sales, support and delivery professionals among the best in their fields.
This role to be based remotely in New York or Eastern/Central time zones of North America with occasional travel (up to 20%).
- Operate in a small, dynamic, fast-growing team, able to be self-sufficient with an ability to have a can-do attitude and make oneself accountable
- Own successful Atlas onboarding for some of the largest and most complex MongoDB deployments and drive a cross-functional team to achieve that
- Act as a liaison between customer, project team as well as the rest of MongoDB (sales, customer success, support, product and engineering) throughout the duration on an engagement
- Create plans and priorities for both project delivery and customer resources. Guide customer as well as project team members to a successful business outcome by managing the client relationship and setting and managing customer expectations during implementations
- Establish and lead recurring project status or governance meetings including preparation of materials and working with customer project manager and key internal and external stakeholders to review key project information and maintain visibility and accountability
- Periodically report, in a concise and actionable manner, project status both internally as well as to the customer and document project progress as per established best practices (meeting minutes, project plan updates, weekly status reports
- Manage escalations or critical situations
- Assist with scoping of solution and project scope definition
- Adopt a consultative and prescriptive approach that inspires trust and confidence
- Degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field.
- A Technology First mindset to build credibility with and engage with some of the smartest technologists in the world
- 5+ years experience with enterprise-scale software solutions, large scale software engineering or consulting services delivery experience preferred
- Excellent customer interaction and presentation skills (ability to present to different audiences and bring the message across in a concise, professional manner)
- Demonstrated belief in the power of stakeholder management and communications; track record of affecting change through stakeholder engagement
- Services delivery experience with development or operation teams is a plus
- Certification or deep experience with standard frameworks such as the PMI PMBOK, or Prince2 would be beneficial
- Ability for occasional travel - up to 20% of the time
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys.Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.