Posted on 5/11/2022
- Https://slingshot.filecoin.io. A community competition for storage clients and developers that rewards the storage of real, valuable, and usable data on the Filecoin network
- Https://evergreen.filecoin.io. A renewal program to create a self-healing record of useful datasets
- Https://slingshot.filecoin.io/explore. The Slingshot Dataset Explorer to identify and locate datasets on the Filecoin network, onboarded through the Slingshot program
- Https://store.filecoin-discover.com. An acceleration program to store humanity's important data on Filecoin
- Have experience deploying production-grade infrastructure in an automated, reliable, and portable manner using Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools such as GitHub Actions, CircleCI, TravisCI, or similar
- Comfortable with managing cloud infrastructure, and configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible, or similar
- Experience with contemporary monitoring & metrics tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, InfluxDB, etc
- Experience with container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes, etc
- Place high value in documentation, and sharing of knowledge through effective written and verbal communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Design, develop, and maintain infrastructure in a mix of cloud-based and traditional environments to power large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant services while ensuring the highest security standards
- Work alongside a cross-functional team including software design & development, product management, and ecosystem engineers. Provide technical leadership, support, and best-practices to stakeholders across the PL Network (inside/outside the org)
- Support launch of new products & services by participating in system design, building and deploying software-defined infrastructure, capacity planning, and operational readiness
- Incorporate monitoring, alerting, and observability to support services that allow us to maintain the highest standards of security, reliability and uptime, and assess health, evolution and make adjustments to program designs
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and developer velocity
- Experience working remotely in a distributed team
- Experience with Open Source Software
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Golang and the Docker + Kubernetes ecosystems
- Experience with aggregated logging tools such as Filebeat, Logstash, Elasticsearch
- Experience iterating and driving infrastructure projects with initiative and autonomy
- Have architected microservices based applications
Open-source R&D lab with Web3 focus
Protocol Labs aims to make human existence orders of magnitude better through technology. The company is open-source research, development, and deployment laboratory, who's projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
- Parental leave
- Contributions to your retirement
- Competitive pay and unlimited time off
- For U.S.-based employees: platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
Company Core Values
- We are open source to the core: Open-source technology is at the core of all our projects and at the center of our philosophy.
- We are a global, remote workforce: Protocol Labs is a distributed company with no central office, working from home all over the world.
- We champion autonomy: We empower people to lead and take ownership of interesting, challenging problems.
- We welcome diverse ways of thinking: This is a team of talented, curious people of diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives.
- We are a startup lab:We mix fast-paced, growth-oriented startup culture, with deeply analytical, data driven research thinking.