Software Engineer in Test Intern
Summer 2023, Remote Available
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Seattle, WA, USA • San Francisco, CA, USA • Raleigh, NC, USA • Santa Clara...
Google Cloud Platform
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, and a strong record of academic achievement
- Applicants should have a minimum of one quarter/semester remaining in their studies after their internship concludes
- The Splunk internship program runs for a minimum of 10 weeks, up to a maximum of 12 consecutive weeks with start dates between May and June 2023. Applicants should be available to participate full-time (40 hours/week) in an internship during this time
- Ability to unit test your code using appropriate tools and frameworks
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts, large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed systems, and UNIX/Linux, Windows, and MacOS environments
- Ability to collaborate with others in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, verbal & written
- Craft effective testing tools, test frameworks, and processes to help increase engineering productivity
- Use technologies like Splunk, Pytest, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, and much more to deliver continuous quality software to our customers
- Become familiar with our existing projects and work on a variety of features and bug fixes to improve these technologies and engineering frameworks
- Write effective code to add or modify test tooling, testing frameworks, and write automated test cases using the latest technologies
- Reproduce defects in your local environment, integration environments, and write code to fix the bugs and release new versions of the tools
- Establish effective communication and forge relationships with engineers, who use our testing tools and frameworks, to identify issues, gather test requirements to verify bugs, new features and feature enhancements
- Make an impact through your recommended modifications to processes and procedures, and directly contribute to standard methodologies, architecture, and implementation
- Familiarity with REST API and microservices is a plus
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts is a plus
- Familiarity with tools and technologies like Git, Gitlab, AWS, Docker, GCP is a plus
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
Company Core Values
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.