Senior Data Engineer
Posted on 10/20/2022
Remote • Brooklyn, NY, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- Bachelorʼs degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related technical discipline
- 4+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Excellent programming skills, preferably in Python
- Experience in a big data processing framework such as Spark is required
- Experience with SQL and relational database development is required
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience working in Databricks
- You have a track record of ownership and delivery of projects with major organizational impact
- You care deeply about engineering excellence, clean code, and knowledge-sharing
- Excellent analytic skills, deadline-focused, detail-oriented, well organized, and self-motivated
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
- Maintain, adapt, develop and deploy pipelines to extract, transform and load incoming data from a variety of 3rd party sources allowing mapping against standardized schemas
- Improve observability of existing and new ETL pipelines for different key stakeholders in the organization
- Collaborate and contribute your ETL codebase to overall engineering organization
- Help create and maintain architecture and systems documentation
- Follow engineering best practices
- Analyze and propose technical solutions to data storage, best practices and monitoring
- Collaborate with fellow data operations members, engineers and data scientists across the organization
- Experience with different data lake technologies (AWS Data Lake, Azure Data Studio)
- Working knowledge of cloud services like AWS, Azure, or GCP
Supply chain infrastructure platform
Altana AI’s mission is Globalization 2.0: a globalization defined by trusted networks, which span and connect nation states, businesses, and civil society in resilient, secure, sustainable, and inclusive global business networks. The company is committed to creating a new paradigm of Trusted networks to better coordinate supply and demand, build more efficient supply chains, and to form public-private partnerships toward shared objectives.
- Comprehensive healthcare package
- Paid parental leave of 3 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver
Company Core Values
- We focus on value creation, not value capture.
- We amaze our clients.
- We foster diversity and embrace difference.
- We get things done.
- We embrace reality.