Director of Video
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Elects Democrats by empowering activists, mobilizing voters
The Democratic National Committee (DNC) is a robust organization that prioritizes grassroots activism, voter mobilization, and nationwide organization to elect Democrats at all levels. With a focus on investing in the middle class and reducing costs for working families, the DNC is committed to building a stronger economy from the bottom up. Additionally, the DNC's unique position as the only party committee responsible for electing Democrats nationwide offers a competitive advantage in terms of reach and influence.
Government & Public Sector
Washington, District of Columbia
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 1%
2 year growth↑ 2%
Washington, DC, USA
Adobe Creative Suite
- Significant experience producing high-performing videos for social media platforms
- Deep knowledge of social media platforms and video optimization
- Experience leading and managing creatives
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in all facets of video production
- Ability to work efficiently in high-pressure situations
- Collaboration skills
- Budget management experience
- Experience working with and filming principals is a bonus
- Oversee the production of high-potential videos for DNC social media accounts
- Drive strategy on video-centric social media platforms
- Manage producers and editors on the video team
- Provide constructive feedback on video cuts
- Guide videos through the internal approval process
- Lead team meetings and brainstorms
- Establish new, reliably successful video formats
- Manage live event coverage, including clipping and captioning
- Manage relationships with freelancers and vendors
- Ensure video team productivity and effectiveness
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission
- Experience working with and filming principals
The Director of Video will manage the DNC’s video team and help shape the DNC’s digital content strategy. The individual in this role will manage a number of producers and editors, and be responsible for the continued improvement of the video team. The Director of Video will use performance data and their deep knowledge of platform optimization to guide the team in creating successful videos.
- Oversee the production of high-potential videos for DNC social media accounts.
- Help drive strategy on video-centric social media platforms.
- Manage producers and editors on the video team.
- Give notes and constructive feedback on video cuts.
- Efficiently guide videos through the internal approval process.
- Lead team meetings and brainstorms.
- Establish new, reliably successful video formats.
- Manage live event coverage, including clipping and captioning.
- Help manage relationships with freelancers and vendors.
- Help ensure that members of the video team are being as productive and effective as they can be.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC’s mission.
- Significant experience producing high-performing videos for social media platforms.
- Deep knowledge of social media platforms and an understanding of how to optimize videos for each.
- Significant experience leading and managing creatives.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in all facets of video production, including filming, lighting, and audio recording.
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently in high-pressure situations.
- The ability to collaborate respectfully and effectively with others.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Experience working with and filming principals is a bonus.
The starting salary for the Director of Video position is $92,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a full-time, exempt position, that may require work on weekends, and has an end date of November 15, 2024.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, open leave, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.