The Security Software Development & Analysis (SSDA) team is a subteam within ProdSec aiming at improving the security posture of Zoox robotaxi service through:
Development of security-critical software for vehicle platform & backend infrastructure
Development of software for security monitoring & analytics
Providing security guidance to software teams through architecture reviews, threat analysis, risk assessment, and development of reference implementations of security features
- Develop low-level systems code to collect security-related signals from various vehicle components & body sensors
- Carry out development of security-related features (access control, robust protocol handling, etc.) in a variety of vehicle ECUs, running a variety of OS platforms (including RTOS)
- 5+ years of firmware development or low-level systems programming in networked embedded systems
- Strong software development & programming skills in C/C++
- Background in software and/or network security
- B.S Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field
- Master’s or Ph.D degree in computer science or computer engineering
- Experience in secure software development for embedded systems
- Software development experience for safety-critical systems, including but not limited to Auto industry
- Familiarity with Data Distribution Service (DDS)
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $163,000 to $234,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate’s relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.