Staff Software Engineer
Posted on 9/23/2022
Data Structures & Algorithms
Google Cloud Platform
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience programming in one or more of the following: Go, Java, Scala, or similar languages
- Deep understanding of architectural patterns of high-scale web applications (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- A proven grasp of Distributed application development and programming concepts
- Experience operating large-scale, distributed systems on top of cloud infrastructures such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Compute Platform (GCP)
- Have hands-on experience with container orchestration frameworks (e.g. Kubernetes, EKS, ECS)
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with good communication skills, a sense of ownership, and drive
- Experience programming in Go or Scala
- Experience shipping services (products) following CI/CD development paradigm
- Have led teams, large projects, or owned and built an important, complex system end to end
- Have built and run applications on public cloud infrastructure, particularly Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Are well-versed in deploying distributed workloads in an always-on production environment
- Have led teams, large projects, or the owner of a critical distributed system
- Design and implement data management services for data trust, data compliance, data access and metadata management in the form of scalable and configurable while clearly articulating technical rationale behind your design and implementation choices
- Participate in Agile/Scrum activities including planning, standups, retrospectives; Provide point of view on user stories
- Build globally available and highly scalable distributed systems
- Build Segment's Storage microservices, object APIs, and data pipeline in cloud environments
- Design and build the next generation of storage software services that enable internal teams and customer to unlock value from their data
- Collaborate with teams across the R&D org to ensure their services are multi-region capable
- Mentor other engineers on the team on technical architecture and design
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support our business-critical storage micro-services
Customer engagement platform & developer of communications APIs
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
- Vacation: Twilio offers generous annual time off in all countries for you to enjoy.
- Healthcare: We are dedicated to helping our employees live longer and healthier lives through comprehensive health programs.
- Retirement: Twilio cares about your retirement! We offer programs to help our employees plan for their retirement needs.
- Family leave: At Twilio we recognize the importance of family. We offer generous maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves, as well as family medical care leave.
- Earn your stripes: Build and present a Twilio app to earn your Twilio track jacket and receive $30 per month for e‑books for continued learning and education.
- Catered meals: We provide a variety of snacks, drinks, and catered meals in each of our locations.
- Build a more‑connected world
- Be great, do good, scale fast
- The work of our lives