Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Updated on 3/29/2023
Normal, IL, USA
- 1+ years of supplier quality related experience with OEM manufacturers or relevant experience working in a Manufacturing or Quality environment
- Strong knowledge of automotive quality processes
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- Metrology, Inspection Methods and Equipment
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings
- Understanding manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic team environment
- Planning and prioritizing activities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Listening skills
- Ability to present data effectively regarding part defects
- Understanding of cost and financial impacts
- Works within the relevant procedures described in the Quality Management System (QMS) and ensure compliance
- Responds to the supplier quality issues found in the plant by implementing containment actions and starting the initial problem-solving process
- Works with process partners to provide fast response and corrective actions
- Works with supplier representatives in plant to ensure proper communication of issues and works with them in the problem solving
- Communicates issues to the supplier development team and supports any follow topic related to the issues
- Attend various meetings and communicate the status of supplier part issues
- Be knowledgeable about the supply and demand of needed products for the line and advise material planning of high quantity of quality impact
- Ensure KPIs are met and report on achievement of targets as related to supplier quality (DPU,RRR, NCM, RC, sorts)
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team