Software Systems Engineer
Posted on 11/2/2022
Sorrento Valley, San Diego, CA, USA
- 6+ years of overall related IT experience
- Bachelor's Degree in related field. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree
- Ability to travel 25% including possible underway periods onboard U.S. Navy ships
- Minimum of IAT II Certifications to meet DoD 8570.1M compliance: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+ and CompTIA Server+/and accreditation in Windows, Unix, Linux or Solaris operating systems
- Experience/training with Blade Servers
- Experience/training with VMware
- Experience/training in a Solaris, Windows PC and Windows Server 2008 environment
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Perform analysis on systems to document all functions and define interfaces for integration, testing and quality assurance
- Will provide solutions based on system requirements. Will work with team to develop solutions to the technical issues and updates that are required
- Works with senior team and develop junior team members to perform the design process and the procedures for updates
- Work as a "generalist" on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future DCGS-N system builds
- Defining DCGS-N baselines and versioning; initiating and conducting studies that examine upgrades and changes to the DCGS-N system; initiating and conducting Enterprise Change Requests (ECRs) documenting a needed change to the system; and providing support to the testing and life cycle activities required to sustain the system
- Experience with Oracle Blade Servers/CT900, IBM Blade Center and Blades, Oracle T-4 servers, Dell Windows Servers, NetApp Storage solutions
- Experience in a Solaris 10/11, MS Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008 R2/2012/2016/2019, VMWare (vCenter, vSphere, ESXi), MS Hyper-V
- Experience/training in a Solaris, Windows PC and Windows Server 2008/2012 environment
- Previous experience with Java/J2EE, Oracle and COMPOSE/ISNS/CANES Environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with other highly skilled individuals
- Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance or Distributed Common Ground Station background
- Basic networking experience and Intel operations (IPL/iSToRE, CGS, JMPS, CVIC systems)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.