Software Engineering Intern - Backend (Summer 2021/2022)
Posted on 2/22/2021
Google Cloud Platform
- Are currentlywithin 12-18 months of completing a Bachelors or Masters degree, at any stage in your PhD, or have completed software engineering/web development certifications
- Have strong Computing and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) Fundamentals
- Are comfortable working in Java
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have the desire to learn and grow as a technologist
- Have less than a year of full-time software engineering experience excluding internships
- AWS or Google Cloud experience
- Experience working with databases - SQL and/or NoSQL is fine!
- Unfortunately, Canva does not sponsor immigration visas for internships at this time
- Please provide us with the latest PDF copies of your CV and grades/transcript (or certificate of completion from engineering/web development courses) by compressing them into a zip file and uploading it below
Online design and publishing tool
Canva is on a mission to empower everyone in the world to design anything and publish anywhere.
- Competitive health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
- Equity packages truly be a part of the Canva journey
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution to support you, with your future Hybrid work model (in-office & from home) coming together for 8 days a year. The rest, you choose where you work best.
- Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. It could be anything, from a Masterclass subscription to an electronic stand-up desk, a pilates membership, or dinner out with a teammate. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
- Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
Company Core Values
- Make complex things simple
- Set crazy goals and make them happen
- Be a force for good
- Empower others
- Pursue excellence
- Be a good human