Senior Mechanical Engineer
Posted on 1/24/2023
Palo Alto, CA, USA
- 5+ year track record of in-depth mechanical, structural, electromechanical product development with a focus on design of mechanical / electrical assemblies for user experience and high volume mfg
- Strong engineering fundamentals in the areas of mechanics, materials, thermals, and connector design
- Deep expertise in 3D CAD modeling, drafting, GD&T and utilizing PLM systems for doc and release control
- Direct accomplishments executing consumer product components and assemblies with intricate high volume mfg processes such as injection molding, forging, stamping, PCBA fab, etc
- Formal mechanical engineering education with focus on hardware design and development
- Salary Range/Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants: $147,000.00 - $169,000.00 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law)
- Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums
- Be the technically responsible individual for the mechanical development of next generation light electric vehicle battery packs
- Directly responsible for end-to-end success of the features from prototyping though production launch
- Perform in-house prototyping, quick design iterations, and run tests to validate design decisions
- Coordinate industrial design and engineering design activities spanning mechanical, electrical, tactile performance, user experience, durability and cost
- Define, execute and supervise design verification test plans and reporting with a mix of internal and external resources
- Work with suppliers to drive designs forward, including supporting DFM, cost exercises and manufacturing line review
- Support production ramp and field problem resolution
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team