Senior Engineer – Cellular US Carrier Engineering Lead
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Jackson Township, NJ, USA
- Bachelors with 5+ years of relevant industry experience, or Masters with 3+ years or PhD with 0 years in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field preferred
- Good understanding of US carrier requirements (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Dish) and certification process
- Ability to have technical discussion with development team and carrier SMEs for new features
- Deep understanding of various modem protocol layer stack - L1, MAC, RRC, PDCP for LTE/5G
- In-depth knowledge of LTE/5G NR NSA/SA features and 3GPP specifications
- Strong understanding of IMS protocol and VoWifi call flow
- Ability to drive and resolve end to end system performance and functional issues by collaborating with software team
- Ability to work in a team environment with cross-team coordination and challenging schedules
- Strong problem solving skills. Ability to take ownership and bring innovations in test methodology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- You're inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding
- You're collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change
- As a key interface between internal R&D teams and carriers, you will apply your deep understanding of US carrier requirements (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Dish) to drive the feature development activities from design to verification phase
- Support hands-on log analysis during Modem feature verification, OEM issues etc. and prepare technical reports
- Work with OEMs and carriers during the commercialization phase to mitigate product launch risks and help achieve TA
- Take responsibility of field/IOT test execution, analyze failure logs and track issues until they are resolved. Strong communications skills and cross-functional collaboration needed
- Interpret carrier KPIs in a simplistic manner and make plans to improve performance
One of the world's largest producers of electronic devices
Samsung's mission is to devote its talent and technology to creating superior products and services that contribute to a better global society. Samsung produces a wide range of electronic devices and is ranked as a top 10 global brand.
- Comprehensive healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee assistance program, Telehealth services
- Work life success: PTO, FlexTime, FlexPlace, FlexYourFriday
- Financial wellness: Health savings account, Flexible spending acounts, 401(k), Student loan support, Tuition assistance
- Family first: Pregnancy support, Adoption assistance program, Paid child caregiver leave, Milk stork, WINFertility
- Incentives: Fitness reimbursement, Annual physical. Preventative screenings, Lifestyle management
Company Core Values
- People: Quite simply, a company is its people. At Samsung, we’re dedicated to giving our people a wealth of opportunities to reach their full potential.
- Excellence: Everything we do at Samsung is driven by an unyielding passion for excellence and an unfaltering commitment to develop the best products and services on the market
- Change: As we have done since our foundation, we set our sights on the future, anticipating market needs and demands so we can steer our company toward long-term success.
- Integrity: Operating in an ethical way is the foundation of our business. Everything we do is guided by a moral compass that ensures fairness, respect for all stakeholders and complete transparency.
- Co-prosperity: Samsung is committed to becoming a socially and environmentally responsible corporate citizen in all of its communities worldwide.