Associate – Product Strategy & Analysis
Content Production & Studio Product
Updated on 2/7/2024
Subscription streaming entertainment service
Netflix's mission is to entertain the world. The company operates a streaming platform for movies & TV shows and has over 222 million subscribers globally.
Los Gatos, California
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 4%
2 year growth↑ 1%
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Business & Strategy
- 3-5 years of experience in management consulting, product management, investment banking, or similar field
- Highly analytical and possess strategic thinking
- Excellent proficiency with MS Excel / PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature
- High level understanding of Product Management concepts or experience working with Product and Engineering teams preferred
- Developing insightful presentations summarizing key data and trends
- Preparing valuation analyses, financial projections, and scenario modeling
- Partnering with engineering and studio stakeholders to develop product roadmaps
- Developing strategic frameworks to guide decision making
- Supporting forecasting process for production infrastructure needs
- Experience with SQL and Tableau
Netflix is revolutionizing the media and entertainment industry. Underpinning this revolution are ground breaking efforts in product and engineering that catalyze Netflix’s success. This role will be part of the Product Strategy & Analysis team, focusing on analyses relating to software and hardware features that support the production of content, and the management of productions within the studio. This includes the optimization of workflows across the supply chain from when content is greenlit to when content is delivered and prepped for distribution.
As an Associate on the Product Strategy & Analysis team, you will be working with multiple cross-functional stakeholders and leaders within the engineering, product, and studio organizations to provide analytical support and strategic insights. You will be working at the intersection of artists and the technology that enables their work in a connected media ecosystem. The goal of this role would be to bring alignment to product and studio leadership in building common roadmaps, strategies, and impact analyses around features that dramatically shift how artists interact with media and with each other.
This role will reside in Los Angeles, report to the Manager of Product Strategy and Analysis, and will require travel / collaboration with partners in Los Gatos.
- Executives and senior management depend heavily on our team to accurately assess, contextualize, and forecast the business and lead the strategic analysis that is used to inform product decisions
- Developing insightful presentations that summarize key data, identify underlying trends, and ultimately result in actionable strategic recommendations
- Prepare valuation analyses, financial projections, and scenario modeling for software, hardware, and operational decisions, including build vs buy analyses
- Partner with engineering and studio stakeholders to develop product roadmaps. Partner with data science and insights teams to define measures of success and evaluate impact
- Develop strategic frameworks that guide and accelerate decision making around how best to serve productions and studio globally using cloud and distributed technologies
- Partner with product managers on go to market strategies and support studio product roll out plans
- Support forecasting process for production infrastructure needs
- 3-5 years of experience ideally in management consulting, product management, investment banking, or similar field, and / or media / entertainment / tech company in a strategy/analytical/product-oriented role. We are looking for candidates that have worked in a highly-demanding environment in which complex modeling and analysis is performed.
- Candidates are required to be highly analytical, possess strategic thinking, and be strong, effective communicators. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics. Candidates must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
- Excellent proficiency with MS Excel / PowerPoint (and ideally their Google Suite counterparts)
- Nice to have: experience with SQL and Tableau
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g. engineering / computer science, mathematics, or other relevant fields)
- High level understanding of / appetite to learn Product Management concepts or experience working with Product and Engineering teams preferred
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $50,000 - $240,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.