Who we are
M1 is a personal finance platform made for the modern era, uniting individual perspective with automated ease. Hundreds of thousands of investors take control of their long-term wealth with M1 and have already trusted us with over $6 billion of assets. As the Finance Super App™, we empower financial well-being with all the tools to invest, borrow, and spend: low-cost borrowing, high interest checking, and high cash back Visa® debit and credit card rewards.
We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being and strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our competitors. We’ve been named a top app for investors including 2022 Best for Low Costs and Best for Sophisticated Investors by Investopedia.
As a fast-growing fintech company, we’re looking for talented and smart individuals who are excited about rethinking what’s possible with personal finance, invested in their personal and professional growth, and take ownership of the work they want to do – all while helping others create something meaningful and sustainable for their futures. Our award-winning workplace culture has been recognized by Inc. (Best Workplaces 2022), Built In Chicago (2022 Best Places to Work in Chicago), CB Insights (Top Fintech Companies of 2021), and the Chicago Tribune (2021 Top Workplace).
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Who you are:
M1 is seeking a highly motivated, FINRA-licensed (SIE, Series 7, and Series 63 or 66) individual with a passion for client advocacy and solving problems in a timely and accurate manner. The Client Success Associate will act as the primary liaison for all M1 product users. As part of our Client Success team, you will be our clients’ first point of contact providing a world-class client experience. The Client Success Associate works both internally and externally to strategically support clients with a focus on proactive engagement throughout the client journey to positively impact client metrics and desired outcomes.
What you’ll do:
The Client Success Associate will provide daily support to M1’s clients. You’ll also be an integral part of the team responsible for aggregating client feedback, providing M1’s product team with actionable information to prioritize and develop features within the application. Overall, we are looking for a compassionate individual that will go above and beyond in improving our user’s experience within the platform.
Duties may include, but not limited to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of all M1 products and offerings
- Respond to customer calls and emails in a professional and prompt manner
- Resolving customer queries, recommending solutions, and guiding product users through features and functionality
- Meet our key SLAs and Support Metrics, meeting or exceeding your objectives
- Escalate tickets to appropriate team members based on severity
- Answer phone calls for assistance and routing to other departments
- Proactively identify/solve problems
- FINRA licensing (SIE, Series 7, and Series 63 or 66)
- 2+ years of tangible work experience in operations, customer service, or working at a broker-dealer
- Customer focused and a passion for speaking to customers, answering queries, and solving complex issues
- Exceptional listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, overcome objections, and take proactive approaches
- Excellent, written, and verbal communication skills and the ability to build rapport
- Strong work ethic and a proactive approach, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment
- Ability to multi-task and complete timelines in a fast-paced, rapidly growing company
- Ability to identify and escalate priority issues
- Analyze while being solution-driven and excel at solving problems, particularly in collaborative, team settings
- Technically proficient: ability to learn multiple software platforms (especially Internal Tools)
- Empathy: you understand the business needs of current and prospective clients
- You are flexible with your working hours. Shifts may include evenings, weekends, or holidays
- Interest in personal finance
M1’s Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement) and five Employee Resource Groups (Mental Health, Pride, Black, Latinx, and Women at M1), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our ten core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: Life short – everyone should spend their waking hours on something they find meaningful. We believe improving people’s financial wellness improves lives. It’s a vital and worthy cause.
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. That means we’re responsible for the results to our clients, coworkers, and M1 shareholders. Our focus is on building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks.
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. Put a dent in the universe. Thinking big inspires results. We’d rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial.
- Bias for Action: Results lag prior efforts – we can’t hope or wait for results. Instead, we believe a good process leads to good outcomes and persistent progress leads to compounding.
- Economical: We strive to do more with less. We’ll always be limited in time, money, and energy, especially compared to our ambitions. We must use our limited resources on what matters and regard constraints as motivators.
- Transparency: Context and accurate information are the foundation of strong decision making. We share information openly, honestly, deliberately and broadly.
- Team-oriented: People at M1 may play different roles, but we’re all on the same team. Together, we can achieve more. We maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, trust one another, and seek out and respect different perspectives.
- Challenged, But Not Overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. We support growth through high standards, clearly defined responsibilities, and broad autonomy, with help when needed.
- Effectiveness: We care about performance and results, not specific methods. Different problems may require creative brilliance or a simple idea; grinding hard work or casual effort; or disciplined process versus scrappy implementation. Effective people do what’s needed to get the right things done and deliver intended results.
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We’d be proud if our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid work environment, with Chicago-based employees having access to an office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Access to employee workshops and training about financial literacy, empathy and mental health, professional development, and more
- Free subscription to Insight Timer, the world’s #1 meditation app for sleep, stress, and anxiety