Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
We are looking for a Senior Salesforce Developer to join our growing team in Business Technology (BT) and to help scale our business solutions while providing an extra focus on security, enabling Okta to be the most efficient, scalable, and reliable company. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and developing customizations, extensions, configurations, and integrations required to meet the company’s strategic business objectives. Candidates will work collaboratively with business stakeholders, business analysts, and engineers on different infrastructure layers, from proposal development to deployment and support. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem-solving and delivering high-quality solutions is essential. In addition, your product owner will look to you to provide all technical services—design, config, software development, and testing.
- 3+ years’ hands-on Salesforce development with solid knowledge of Apex, Process Automation, and Lightning Web Components.
- 5+ years of Software development experience.
- Experience implementing various projects/programs for Sales Cloud, Communities, Service Cloud Console, etc.
- Experience working with source control and continuous integration.
- Demonstrable ability to drive end-to-end lifecycle, from conception to launch and post-launch support.
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform and products.
- Provide a detailed level of effort estimates for proposed solutions. Articulate the benefits and risks of a solution’s feasibility and functionality.
- Implement customer-facing and internal-based solutions inside the Salesforce platform using Apex, Lightning Components, and LWC.
- Implement integration between Salesforce and other external systems.
- Craft business requirement documents, process level flows, user stories, functional specifications, and system design specifications as required.
- Create and execute unit, integration, and functional tests.
Our team is collaborative, innovative, and flexible, and we consider work-life balance a top priority. We provide solutions to Customer Support, Customer Success, Global Services, and the Online Experience team.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in California (excluding San Francisco Bay Area), Colorado, New York, and Washington is between:
The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in the San Francisco Bay area is between:
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.