Fullstack Engineering Manager
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
- Exquisite brokering skills: regularly achieve consensus amongst departments
- Demonstrated experience as a People Manager for backend teams with a servant leadership mindset
- A track record of supporting engineering teams in building scalable and impactful ML solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Manage and grow a team of backend, frontend, and machine learning engineers
- Collaborate with the Product Manager to help inform planning and author project plans for epics, and influence the overall direction of Applied ML
- Run agile project management processes. We work iteratively and release monthly
- Provide guidance and coaching to team members on technical contributions, product architecture, and other areas
- In addition to the Product Manager, work with the rest of the team (e.g. Engineers, Software Engineers in Test) to ensure the team direction is clear, and the team is delivering value aligned with business needs
- Maintain empathy for the team by keeping awareness of engineering processes and practices. Examples may include:
- Evaluating individual workflow during one on ones
- Ensuring production readiness reviews are being conducted
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders throughout the department, as the single point of contact for any internal Applied ML requests
- Actively seek and hire globally-distributed talent
- Contribute to the sense of psychological safety in your team
- Foster technical decision making on the team, but make final decisions when necessary
- Draft quarterly OKRs and Engineering KPIs
- Experience with the GitLab product as a user or contributor
- Working knowledge of modern frontend frameworks such as React or Vue.js
- Product company or startup experience
- Computer Science education or equivalent experience
- Passionate about open source and developer tools
Repository hosting manager tool
It is GitLab's mission to make it so that everyone can contribute. When everyone can contribute, users become contributors and greatly increases the rate of innovation.
- Spending Company Money
- Equity Compensation
- Life Insurance
- Financial Wellness
- Paid Time Off
- Growth and Development Benefit
- GitLab Contribute
- Business Travel Accident Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Part-time contracts
- Meal Train
- Fertility & Family Planning
- Parental Leave
Company Core Values
- Collaboration: To achieve results, team members must work together effectively.
- Results: We do what we promised to each other, customers, users, and investors.
- Efficiency: Working efficiently on the right things enables us to make fast progress, which makes our work more fulfilling.
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging.
- Iteration: We do the smallest thing possible and get it out as quickly as possible.
- Transparency: Be open about as many things as possible.