Join the Trackonomy Team!
Want to be part of the next hyper-growth IoT story in Silicon Valley? Our seasoned leadership team has successfully grown the company 100x in four years while securing top VC investors like Kleiner Perkin and 8VC. We have paying customers and are rapidly scaling in the United States and Internationally. Are you looking for a high-energy, fast-paced, team-oriented environment that challenges your talents daily with cutting-edge technologies that solve global problems across multiple markets? Join the Trackonomy Team; we offer opportunities to talented professionals covering all engineering disciplines while creating unique opportunities for career growth.
Trackonomy aims to make people and organizations more productive through our next-generation operating system for the connected world. Our unique diversity of technologies allows us to create building blocks and vertically integrated, configurable platforms that enable our customers to drive digital transformation throughout their organization. We have a successful track record of leading initiatives at multibillion-dollar businesses in the Logistics, Industrial, Healthcare, Homeland Security spaces, and more. Despite being in strategic stealth mode, our solutions have been on ABC, CNBC, CNN, FOX, and even featured during US Senate hearings. In 2019 we joined Airbnb, Google, and Twitter as a recipient of the prestigious World Economic Forum Pioneer Award! We have raised over $250 million from top investors, including Kleiner Perkins and 8VC. Trackonomy is headquartered in San Jose, California, in the heart of Silicon Valley.
Responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the product. Work closely with Product and Project Managers, Product Designers, and DevOps to drive engineering releases and deliver success. Partner with technical support and customer success to troubleshoot product issues.
This is a full time onsite role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver high-reliability C++ code for updating firmware or software components on Linux hosts or attached peripherals
- Work with a variety of teams to design, develop, and integrate new software update mechanisms and flow
- Troubleshoot update issues and work closely with our validation teams to build testing infrastructure for more resilient systems
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated with product development initiatives and deployments
- Identify technical and process improvement opportunities
- Adhere to all safety processes and policies in place. Actively participate in maintaining a safety culture and address safety issues proactively
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Math, or Computer Science; MS Preferred
- 2+ years of experience working with and writing software for embedded Linux systems
- 2 + years of programming in C
- 2+ Years scripting in Python, Perl, BASH
- Fluency with the Linux command line
- Solve software and hardware challenges in creative ways
- Develop software for new products
- Implement new feature requests and bug fixes on existing products
- Work on multiple projects in various phases of product life cycle
- Ability to deliver high-quality, detailed work independently, highlighting key risks, and design dependencies to technical teams
- Strong problem-solving skills and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to change
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group of stakeholders, including development, product owners, business stakeholders, and subject matter experts
Why Trackonomy Systems is a Great Place to work:
Culture and Belonging: Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you help build. You will be a role model and live our Vision, Mission, and Values.
Perks: Trackonomy Systems understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. We offer Platinum level Health benefits, Flexible and Health Savings Accounts, Commuter benefits, and an Employee Assistance Program. We also understand you are planning for the future, so we offer a Pre-IPO equity and a 401k plan.
Career Growth: Trackonomy Systems is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.
The salary range for this role is $112,065 to $250,000, plus bonuses and Pre-IPO equity. It is uncommon for anyone to be hired at or near the top range for their role, and final compensation is based on the facts and circumstances of the case. The compensation range is broad because it reflects many factors, including but not limited to skill sets, experience, and training directly relevant to the role, business and company needs, cultural fit, level, and location.
Trackonomy Systems is proud to ensure equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, medical condition, genetic information, marital or registered domestic partnership status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
We strive to provide a stellar experience throughout the application process and ensure all applicants will be given proper consideration based solely on merit and Trackonomy’s business needs.
Trackonomy Systems is dedicated to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability while interviewing, please contact [email protected].
When you apply to a job on this site, you acknowledge and agree that the personal data contained in your application will be collected and processed by Trackonomy Systems, Inc. and/or one of its subsidiaries (“Trackonomy”) in accordance with our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact [email protected].