Engineering Manager - User Growth (Remote)
Posted on 2/15/2022
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora's "coordination hours" (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time). Learn why here
- 4+ years of software engineering experience architecting, building, and scaling user-facing products
- 1+ years of people management experience in a consumer technology company
- Strong understanding of the web applications stack and scalability
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated history of exceptional mentorship and coaching skills
- Passion for Quora's mission to share and grow the world's knowledge
- Grow and hire a team of product-oriented, full-stack engineers from the ground up
- Guide the professional and technical development of a high growth mindset team
- Drive effective processes for technical design decisions, prioritization, estimation, execution, and expectations-setting
- Collaborate with Product Management, Design, Data Science, and other Engineering teams to shape the team roadmap and ensure successful execution towards our strategy
- Drive initiatives with the Engineering management team to foster our engineering culture and evolve processes across the entire Engineering team
- Experience with Python, React, and GraphQL
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational databases
Social Q&A platform
Quora's mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge. Quora wants to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it.
- Mission first: We place long-term, collective impact ahead of personal achievement.
- Drive: We aim high and do whatever it takes to get things done.
- Agility: We are nimble in our processes and systems, ready to adapt to a changing world.
- Awareness: We are rigorous in our decisions and candid in our communication.
- Pragmatism: We stay grounded in the outcomes that truly matter for our mission.