Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Burlingame, CA, USA
- A Leader: You lead those around you to achieve big things through encouraging mentorship culture. People come to you for guidance and you can bring a team of engineers to agreement
- Inspirational: You are passionate about setting and observing a team mission. You create opportunities that grow individuals' careers while celebrating the impact of their work
- Adjustable: You grow where challenges are open-ended. You can choose your adventure by assessing the knowns vs. unknowns
- Knowledgeable: You understand all the components required to build modern large-scale infrastructure. You also love to pick up new technologies as the landscape evolves
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard people and technical problems. You are constantly questioning the underlying issue to solve them at the core
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager
- 8+ years of experience in large-scale software development with experience delivering highly performant solutions
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Solid system design and programming skills
- Excellent long term strategic sense, both in technical systems and in consumer product design
- Ability to recognize risks, errors, and impact in application development
- Collaboration skills across multiple teams and disciplines
- Passion for testing and development
- Programming experience in one compiled (C++, C#, Java) and one interpreted script language (JS, PHP, Python, Lua, etc)
- Oversee enormous projects that span multiple teams
- Develop a team Roadmap, charter, and vision
- Uphold high coding standards and establish new ones
- Work for your team, being a force multiplier by unblocking issues and bridging the gaps between organizations
- Mentor engineers to make sure your team expertise grows over time
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, product and design to develop new functionality, pipelines, and workflow
- Be guided by our vision to put the Roblox community first and represent us through thought leadership
- Produce excellent documentation for internal and external teams
Game platform and game creation system
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. They enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers.
- Benefits and Perks - The health and well-being of our employees and their families is our top priority. We offer robust and comprehensive programs with variety to best meet your needs.
- Well-Being Benefits - With flexible time off and a bi-annual, company-wide spring/summer recharge, Roblox knows how to balance working hard with winding down.
- Financial Benefits - Competitive compensation packages, 401(k) matching, and flexible share incentives that let you choose how to share in our success.
- Health and Wellness - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, family planning resources, and 12 weeks off for all new parents.
- Flexible Workplace - Our hybrid work schedule balances working onsite and working remotely. Enjoy daily lunch and an in-house fitness center when working from our San Mateo headquarters.
Company Core Values
- Inspire Others
- Work Hard
- Respect the Community
- Get Stuff Done