San Diego, California
- Availability to work at least 20 hours per week between June-August 2024
- Certified CompTIA A+ or equivalent knowledge/schooling
- Proficient with Windows 10, PC hardware, troubleshooting software applications, and basic network knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Troubleshoot users’ hardware and software issues
- Resolve user requests and follow up in a timely manner
- Assist with researching ways to improve current technical processes and infrastructure
- Work with users on diagnosing and troubleshooting network issues
- Troubleshoot cloud-based programs like OneDrive and OneNote
- Assist with setting up A/V for in-house events
- Ensure neat and safe cabling for workstations and conference rooms
- Work with System Administrator to build the Asset list and ensure a valid list of hardware
- Run updates and install patches on conference room and display machines
- Remain aware of emerging technologies that could benefit the company or the IT team
- Graduating Seniors Preferred
Is This You?
Are you a recent graduate eager to dive into the world of IT? We’re offering an entry-level role that provides hands-on experience with the technical skills and work practices of an IT technician.
If you’re ready to kickstart your career in IT and meet these requirements, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Need:
- Availability to work at least 20 hours per week between June-August 2024 (with the potential to start during the Spring Semester)
- Minimum Experience: 0-1 years in a related role
- Minimum Education: Certified CompTIA A+ or equivalent knowledge/schooling
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritize competing priorities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Customer service, sense of urgency, and follow-through skills
- Graduating Seniors Preferred
- Proficient with Windows 10, PC hardware, troubleshooting software applications, and basic network knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective communication about technical issues.
- Strong organizational skills to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven atmosphere.
What You’ll Do:
- Troubleshoots users’ hardware and software issues.
- Resolves user requests and follows up within a timely matter.
- Assists with researching ways to improve our current technical processes and infrastructure.
- Works with users on diagnosing and troubleshooting network issues.
- Works with users to troubleshoot cloud-based programs like OneDrive and OneNote.
- Assists with setting up A/V for in house events like Expos, Town halls, and Speaker Series.
- Ensures that cabling for workstations and conference rooms is neat and safe; makes improvements when needed.
- Works with System Administrator to build the Asset list and makes sure that we have a valid list of hardware being used throughout the company.
- Runs updates and installs patches on conference room and display machines.
- Remains aware of emerging technologies that could benefit the company or the IT team
*This position will be a hybrid role based in our San Diego, CA office.*
The hiring rate for this position is: $20 per hour
This Is Us:
We’re Red Door Interactive— a national, award-winning, full-service marketing agency. We work with mid-market and Fortune 500 companies to optimize brand and performance marketing across all channels – paid, earned, and owned. Using data, technology, and top-industry talent, we deliver meaningful brand experiences that drive more revenue for clients such as Titleist, Patagonia, Stone Brewing, Sun Bum, Bosch, among others. Beyond our tactical capabilities, Red Door’s approach to client engagements allows us to solve enterprise marketers’ biggest challenges around stakeholder alignment, cross-department silos, resourcing, and measurement.
What’s In It For You?
Working with us, you get a culture of learning and collaboration with professional growth and advancement opportunities. You will work as part of an engaged, respectful, knowledgeable team that values collaboration and learning.
- Technology & Wellness Resources
- Employee Events & Get-Togethers
- Opportunities for shadowing, learning, and growth!
This range may differ based on your geographic location, cost of living considerations, and individual experience and skill set.
Red Door’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
When work resonates with people in a wide range of industries, geographies, and cultures, we all win. To create impactful work together, we nurture an inclusive environment that invites diverse voices and empowers our people to contribute their whole selves to our craft.