Power Risk Manager
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Chicago, IL, USA
- Bachelor's degree required in math, science, or engineering; advanced degree in quantitative fields desirable
- Power ISO/RTO location market and product familiarity
- Previous risk management experience required; previous trading experience preferred
- Experience in risk managing larger FTR portfolios
- Experience in building FTR constraint level risk framework
- Must have strong quantitative background and substantial data analysis experience
- Previous experience using tools such as SQL, VBA, Python or R for data analysis and modeling; programming background helpful
- Preferred experience using power analytics platforms
- Must be proactive and able to work independently
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Sound judgment and strong analytical skills essential
- Work with Power trading business to parameterize their specific risks and monitor and measure trading activity
- Define, establish and maintain risk frameworks for various trading strategies
- Monitor daily trading activity according to established risk limits and assess risk exposures
- Communicate risk-related information to Traders/Portfolio Managers
- Provide risk-related reporting to senior management
- Help advance robust approaches to risk management, including defining, building and using the necessary tools and reporting
- Actively research and stay current on market dynamics, risk factors and real-world drivers of portfolio performance and risk
Proprietary trading firm
DRW's mission is to build revolutionary finance. The company is doing this by building a system that applies modeling, technology and quantitative research to identify opportunities in the global financial markets.
- Daily catered breakfast & lunch
- Social events
- Gym subsidy
- Flexible work arrangements
- Monthly tastings
- Game room
- On-site yoga classes and meditation
- Employee led affinity groups
- Mentor/mentee outings
- Trivia nights
- Educational opportunities
- DRW-sponsored sports teams
- Poker tournament
- Private mother's suite
Company Core Values
- Integrity - In order to collaborate thoughtfully and build strong relationships, we value transparency and hold ourselves and our people accountable.
- Critical thought - We like solving problems and discussing technical and research topics. We question what we think we know.
- Learning - Continual growth and exploration, both formally and in our day-to-day interactions, helps build our skills individually and as a team.
- Challenge consensus - We achieve the highest standard of success by challenging our decision making every day. Our formula? Strong opinions, loosely held.
- Preparation - Always be prepared for the expected and the unexpected. We adapt as the markets evolve, and in-depth research helps us do that.
- Respect - Our work environment is diverse, and that diversity makes us stronger. We collaborate thoughtfully, and hold each other in high regard.
- Sense of urgency - In a fast-paced industry, we adapt and are always ready to act. Priorities shift, objectives evolve and we move quickly to adjust.