Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
West Athens, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment via professional work experience, project/research-based student experience, or a combination of both
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly adaptive and iterative environment
- Proven excellence in a high volume commercial or automotive manufacturing environment
- Experience transitioning products from design to manufacturing and scaling to high volume as part of a cross-functional team
- Experience with DOE, gage R&R and process qualifications
- Experience defining production data requirements and SPC
- Ability to design tooling for high volume manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience implementing automation into production processes
- Experience integrating electromechanical or lamination assemblies with both manual and automated processes
- Ability to develop and maintain high performing suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Experience with NX and Teamcenter
- Experience working with and defining requirements for ERP, MRP and MES systems
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Design and implement electro-mechanical assembly and test processes
- Collaborate with the mechanical design team to incorporate design for manufacturability
- Lead prototype builds ensuring incremental milestones for the production development are met
- Ensure manufacturing systems are capable of hitting high volume rate, cost and quality targets
- Lead facilities development, floor layout, headcount requirements and material flow definition
- Identify tooling and hardware requirements, design and implement into production processes
- Identify automation opportunities and establish requirements as well as evaluating return on investment for each. Work with in-house resources or vendors as necessary to develop these solutions and implement on production line
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.