Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way. To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Be part of a team of engineers that manages Waabi’s data lifecycle from vehicle offload through consumption.
- Own the software tools, data pipelines, and platform that compose Waabi’s cloud storage and data management infrastructure.
- Develop systems for quick browsing, searching, and inspection of vehicle logs to support triage and data curation efforts.
- Track data usage and design data retention policies and systems to efficiently manage a rapidly and continuously growing amount of data.
- Support 3rd party integrations via API integrations and ETL pipelines.
- Build and maintain reliable and performant data access libraries and services.
- Collaborate closely with other teams including research scientists, ML and software engineers, and system engineers to understand use cases and deliver features that improve our overall data ecosystem
- 3+ years of professional experience building and maintaining production software systems, including deep understanding and experience with cloud infrastructure and cloud storage services such as AWS S3, Google Cloud Storage, Azure Blob Storage
- Familiarity with relational databases, data pipelines, and data processing tools such as Spark and Airflow
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
Bonus/nice to have:
- Experience working with robotics or ML research teams.
- Familiarity with sensor (lidar, camera) data.
- Familiarity with microservices architectures.
- Experience building data analysis tools and dashboards.
- Experience building systems to monitor system and dataset health.
The US yearly salary range for this role is: $109,000 - $171,000 USD in addition to competitive perks & benefits. Waabi (US) Inc.’s yearly salary ranges are determined based on several factors in accordance with the Company’s compensation practices. The salary base range is reflective of the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Note: The Company provides additional compensation for employees in this role, including equity incentive awards and an annual performance bonus.
- Competitive compensation and equity awards.
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage (for full-time employees only).
- Unlimited Vacation.
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support.
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office).
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.