Functional Safety Engineer
Updated on 11/13/2023
Accelerating software innovation for software-defined vehicles
Sonatus is a leader in the automotive software industry, providing key software solutions that enhance vehicle performance and user experience, while reducing costs and improving reliability. Their award-winning platform is already in use in mass production vehicles from major manufacturers like Hyundai, Kia, and Genesis, with plans to expand to millions of cars by 2024. With a global presence and backing from world-class investors, Sonatus offers a dynamic, forward-thinking work environment that is at the forefront of the transition towards software-defined vehicles.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 14%
1 year growth↑ 30%
2 year growth↑ 103%
Remote in USA
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or a related field (Master's degree preferred) with minimum 5 years of industry experience.
- Proven experience in functional safety engineering, with a focus on ISO 26262 compliance.
- Demonstrated experience in safety-critical software development and understanding of software safety concepts up to ASIL-D.
- Must have prior experience of completing ASIL-D certification successfully.
- Knowledge of automotive safety standards and regulations.
- Strong programming skills in C and C++.
- In-depth knowledge of MISRA C and C++ guidelines and the ability to apply them effectively in software development.
- In-depth knowledge of suitable coding standard and static and run-time coverage testing of code coverage for e.g. MC/DC
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems and development tools commonly used in Linux environments.
- Familiarity with safety analysis methods such as FMEA, FTA, and HARA.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- ISO 26262 Compliance: Lead efforts to ensure that the software system meets all relevant ISO 26262 functional safety standards and requirements.
- Safety Documentation: Create and maintain safety-related documentation, including hazard analysis and risk assessments, safety requirements, safety concept, and safety case.
- Software Requirements Management: Collaborate with software development teams to establish and manage safety requirements and traceability throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Software Architecture and Detailed Design: Create, maintain and communicate documentation to guide the implementation.
- Safety Validation: Plan and support safety validation activities, such as fault injection testing, to verify the safety mechanisms and functional safety requirements.
- Process: Review and support the implementation of robust processes such as change management to ensure that modifications to the software solution do not compromise safety.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including software developers, and quality assurance, to integrate safety practices into the development process.
- Certification Support: Support external audits and assessments by regulatory authorities or third-party assessors to ensure compliance with ISO 26262 standards.
- Define and improve the certification strategy for Sonatus.
- Experience with different certification organization, UNECE, TISAX, SOC 2, etc
- Experience with GDPR and ISO standards, such as ISO 27001, ISO 9001, etc.