Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it’s failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We’re doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with office locations in SF, Chicago, and NYC . This role can be based anywhere in the U.S as long as you can work our Vouch core collaboration hours (8:30 am-2:30 pm Pacific Time.)
Vouch is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to lead the Technical Foundations Team of Vouch’s engineering organization. In this Technical Foundations Team, you will spearhead the adoption of a new event-driven, microservice architecture across the entire organization. This architecture will serve as the foundational future of Vouch’s insurance technology and will enable not only other software engineering teams to bring new insurance products to market quickly but also enable non-technical go-to-market teams to work effectively out of tools they work most comfortably in, including Salesforce and Zendesk. It’s an important and challenging systems design and data-centric challenge. On this team, you will have the opportunity to have a large impact on Vouch’s technology, Vouch’s business success, and the future of the insurance industry.
- Lead the adoption of a new event-driven architecture across Vouch’s engineering organization
- Design and implement repeatable patterns for syncing data and building workflows that span across engineering microservices and go-to-market tools like Salesforce and Zendesk.
- Work closely with internal Vouch stakeholders to understand insurance workflows and create flexible solutions
- Set technical direction for the team and support the team in delivering on the future of Vouch’s technology
- Work closely with other technical leads to ensure consistent engineering standards and patterns
You may be a good fit for the role if:
- Have 7+ years of development experience and 2+ years leading large-scale projects
- Have exceptional communication skills. You can effectively talk (and listen) to engineers, designers, product managers, executives, and other stakeholders.
- Significant experience architecting and delivering high-quality, reusable systems and applications
- Have experience in designing and implementing scalable and reliable event-driven architectures
- Have comfort and expertise in working with eventually-consistent systems
- Have experience supporting complex integrations with go-to-market tools like Salesforce and Zendesk
- Have experience in a transactional, relational database system, as well as the ability to design schemas
- Deep understanding of software engineering best practices and concepts such as SOA, testing practices, code reviews, feature flags, etc.
Tools & Technologies at Vouch:
- TypeScript, Kafka, PostgreSQL, React, Ruby on Rails
- NestJS, Jest, Cypress
- AWS (Lambda, SQS, API Gateway, etc) + Serverless, CircleCI
- GitHub, Figma, Atlassian Stack (Jira, Confluence, OpsGenie)
- Salesforce, Zendesk
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
The pay range for this role is: $190,000 to $200,000 per year.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits and other perks. We also include stock options in all compensation packages and believe all Vouch employees should have the opportunity to become owners in the company.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, location, and business need. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]. #LI-Remote