6 month growth↓ -4%
1 year growth↓ -4%
2 year growth↑ 1%
- 3+ years in a leadership role including experience leading a team
- 10+ years of relevant software engineer experience within diverse industries
- Experience with Python
- Good understanding of modern web development and cloud application architecture
- Comfortable working with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Lead a group of engineers
- Provide technology vision and leadership
- Cultivate a culture of ownership and accountability
- Spend roughly 50% of your time coding
- Anticipate future architectural requirements and identify changes needed to your function’s technology ecosystem
- Partner with product management, quality assurance and infrastructure teams
- Participate in developing and executing on an engineering roadmap
- Increase business capabilities, improve software stability and reduce time and cost of delivery
- Recruit and build teams, develop and retain talent
- Communicate technical concepts to business stakeholders
- Communicate business objectives to your team
- Nurture the talent within the team and support the same throughout the engineering group
- Foster a continuous improvement mindset with your team
- Challenge the team to identify and remove bottlenecks
*** We welcome all USA Remote talent to apply. ***
Here at Perceptyx, our mission is simple: We help employees and their organizations thrive. How do we do that? We facilitate the ongoing conversation between employees and their company to drive success. We are passionate about helping organizations listen to and act on what matters most to employees. When employees are happy, everyone is happy! We also employ an incredible, diverse staff of professionals with the knowledge, and drive to move every employee engagement survey project swiftly from vision to reality.
Who we are:
Engineering is a craft, and at Perceptyx we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end-user experiences we are designing. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical best. We work together to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability and scalability.
We improve the work lives of millions of people around the world. At Perceptyx, we believe everyone deserves to have their voice heard from a brand new hire to the CEO. This is key to our product and our culture. We check titles at the door.
Team ownership is core to our culture. Teams have ownership of the problem, ownership of the solution, and ownership of their growth. Teams work cross functionally with engineers, product managers, QA, and designers to create world class products.
Who we’re looking for
As an Engineering Manager, you are responsible for leading a group of engineers. You provide technology vision and leadership and cultivate a culture of ownership and accountability. This is a hands on manager role where you will spend roughly 50% of your time coding.
You will anticipate future architectural requirements and identify changes needed to your function’s technology ecosystem. You will partner with product management, quality assurance and infrastructure teams to continuously evolve the platform. Your ability to establish and manage key partnerships will be important to your success and will be a key responsibility.
You will actively participate in developing and executing on an engineering roadmap in order to increase business capabilities, improve software stability and reduced time and cost of delivery.
Your first 30 days:
- Become familiar with Perceptyx platform and development processes
- Collaborate with other software engineers, product managers and designers
- Deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code
- Establish relationships with the Engineers you will lead
Your first 60 days:
- Develop and deploy services that scale, are highly available, and extensible
- Be an impactful contributor to the team to plan, design and build elegant solutions
- Take on operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team
- Contribute to the team’s best practices and effectiveness
- Full take over people leadership of your Engineers
- You are a strong leader with track record of recruiting and building teams, developing and retaining talent
- You foster a continuous improvement mindset with your team and challenge them to identify and remove bottlenecks
- You’re able to communicate technical concepts to business stakeholders as well as communicate business objectives to your team
- You proactively nurture the talent within their team and supports the same throughout the engineering group
- You have a good understanding of modern web development and cloud application architecture
- Experience with Python
- 3+ years in a leadership role including experience leading a team, setting priorities and plans to meet business goals and objectives
- 10+ years of relevant software engineer experience within diverse industries and leadership experience in product development required
- You are comfortable working with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
Compensation: Perceptyx is focused on equitable pay for all our staff and aims for transparency with our pay practices. The salary range for the role is $130,000.00 - $180,000.00 per year. The above range represents the expected base salary range for this position. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors, including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in the role, business line, and geographic/office location.
We Care About The Whole Person ✨
- Healthy medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Life insurance up to 1x your annual salary (with a cap) paid by Perceptyx
- Generous Maternity, Paternity, and Adopter leave benefits with flexibility on when you use this benefit
- 401(k) plan along with a 3% company match and immediate vesting upon hire
Flexible Time Away 🏝
- As hard as we work, we also know how essential it is to take time away to rest and recharge. We offer flexible paid vacation with an expectation of every team member taking off at least 10 business days per calendar year.
- 16-17 paid holidays, depending on the calendar year.
Setting You Up For Success 🧑🏻💻👩🏾💻
- Mac or PC laptop options
- Invest in your career with access to 65k+ courses through our Learning Management System, Perceptyx Academy.
- Full subscription to The Calm App: #1 app for Sleep, Meditation, and Relaxation, with over 100 million downloads
Perceptyx In The News 📰
- Perceptyx Adds More Than 100 New Enterprise Customers
- Lighthouse Research & Advisory has awarded Perceptyx the 2022 HR Tech Award for Employee Experience - Best Comprehensive Solution
- Perceptyx and The Bersin Company Extend Strategic Survey Partnership
Perceptyx Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
Perceptyx celebrates diversity and an inclusive environment. We focus on providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Perceptyx’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, knowledge, merit, and business needs.