Brand Design Director
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Charlottesville, VA, USA
- 10+ years in the design industry, with a minimum of 3 years experience as a Creative Director (or similar) and 2 years experience directly managing a creative team
- You've established and led the brand identity at previous companies
- A strong eye for aesthetic and visual design
- You demonstrate a high level of Craft with a willingness to incorporate the opinions of others
- You're able and excited to roll up your sleeves and push pixels, and you are eager about coaching and mentoring young designers to help them grow in their career
- Experience communicating complex ideas to clients and team members in a compelling and enthusiastic way
- You love working with internal clients, and they love working with you. You're compassionate to their needs and can bring solutions if problems arise
- You think “Yes!” as you read our core values and are committed to maintaining and positively influencing our design culture
- Lead and inspire a team of brand designers to develop strategically-grounded, insightful creative solutions
- Oversee a diverse team of creative talent, including brand designers, front-end developers, contractors, and agencies
- Coach and mentor full-time team members to champion professional growth
- Continue to build and shape the team, processes, and tools to meet the business's growing creative needs
- Define WillowTree's brand vision, using user feedback, data, and industry best practices to validate design decisions
- Revamp WillowTree's visual identity and carry out brand consistency across all touchpoints
- Partner with marketing and internal teams to understand business needs, shaping brand strategy and customer experience
- Build cross-functional relationships to ensure smooth project execution
- Lead a redesign of WillowTree's web properties to align with the company's commercial and employer branding goals
- Demonstrate an understanding of WillowTree's target audiences, and develop experiences and brand standards that will resonate with those buyer groups
- Elevate WillowTree's video production quality to achieve the level of polish expected from a premium digital product agency
- Drive visual branding strategy during periods of inorganic growth
- Manage partnerships with external design and development partners
- Present and influence with an energetic, convincing, and inspiring style to increase buy-in and open the door for new opportunities - both for your team and department
- Experience working in the technology industry
Mobile innovation agency
WillowTree wants to create beautiful digital products engineered to drive growth for the world's leading brands.
Company Core Values
- Craft - We aim for excellence, and our love for what we do compels us to reach a higher standard. You can be proud of the work you do here.
- Ownership - We have a strong sense of individual responsibility. Every initiative has an owner, from major product strategy to curating which kombucha is on tap.
- Open communication - We respect one another enough to give and receive honest feedback. We champion the best ideas, no matter where they originate.
- Inclusion - We treat each other with consideration and respect, and we celebrate our differences with tolerance and inclusion. You know, the way we want to be treated.
- Sustainable flow - The state of mind when time flies and energy is focused. We make time for it every day so we can create innovative solutions that people love.
- Realistic optimism - We acknowledge and understand the reality of the challenges we face, and we always find a way forward.
- Partnership - Working side by side, we build meaningful connections with each other and our clients.