Senior Design Project Manager, Mpp
Posted on 3/14/2022
Adobe Creative Suite
- You are extremely organized, a skilled planner, and get energy from asking questions that can help illuminate problems for your designer teammates to solve
- You have a strong understanding of the design process, and are good at seeing opportunities to communicate clearly, remove impediments and take care of the humans you work with
- Familiarity or experiences with design principles, and the importance of color, typography and layout, brand, etc
- Although you will not be in charge of creating designs, strong familiarity with design tools, such as Adobe Creative Cloud and Figma, is required
- You have strong communication skills
- You are a creative problem solver, you are extremely effective in proposing and implementing solutions
- You can create repeatable processes and yield efficiencies for designers
- You can work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
- You have provable experience in project management. Bonus points if you have *product* management experience as well
- You have a deep curiosity about how and why people learn - and how they respond to visual and emotional cues
- You are charged up by the thought of working with a group of talented, funny, soulful humans ( who can't wait to meet you)
- Lead the organizing, planning, and operationalizing of the team's design projects in order to ensure successful delivery
- Rally internal and external stakeholders around project goals, help negotiate timelines, and hold stakeholders accountable
- Communicate projects' status in order to engender transparency and clarity
- Collaborate with and support designers to help us strengthen, evolve, and help educate the organization about our visual language and user experience, and it's importance to Khan Academy's mission
- Collaborate with the MPP Design Manager to help plan and manage timelines for design work that is on time, on brand, and high quality
- Oversee logistical aspects of all Visual Design projects during their full life cycle, from requirements gathering to design execution to archiving
- Help educate and advocate for design and conceptual cohesiveness across brand, marketing, product, and content
- Help evangelize for injecting moments of joy into our communications, culture and product
- Help run the Visual Design team intake processes, project management tools, and constantly seek opportunities for workflow improvements to boost efficiency and team sustainability
- Take the lead in defining and gathering requirements, provide designers with clear goals, and set them up for success on their projects and initiatives
- Help facilitate workshops and conversations that help other teams incorporate visual and emotional design
- Ask good questions
- Protect designer sustainability, by defending their time, process, and expertise
- Liaise on behalf of the Visual Design team with other teams and contractors (marketing, philanthropy, product, engineering, content, agencies, etc)
Khan Academy's mission is to provide a free, world‑class education for anyone, anywhere.
- Competitive salaries
- Health and wellness benefits
- Flexible time off
- 401(k) + matching
- Affinity groups
- Paid parental leave
- Fun virtual events
- Live and breathe learners - We deeply understand and empathize with our users. We leverage user insights, research, and experience to build content, products, services, and experiences that our users trust and love. Our success is defined by the success of our learners and educators.
- Take a stand - As a company, we have conviction in our aspirational point of view of how education will evolve. The work we do is in service to moving towards that point of view. However, we also listen, learn and flex in the face of new data, and commit to evolving this point of view as the industry and our users evolve.
- Embrace diverse perspectives - We are a diverse community. We seek out and embrace a diversity of voices, perspectives and life experiences leading to stronger, more inclusive teams and better outcomes. As individuals, we are committed to bringing up tough topics and leaning into different points of view with curiosity. We actively listen, learn and collaborate to gain a shared understanding. When a decision is made, we commit to moving forward as a united team.
- Work responsibly and sustainably - We understand that achieving our audacious mission is a marathon, so we set realistic timelines and we focus on delivery that also links to the bigger picture. As a non-profit, we are supported by the generosity of donors as well as strategic partners, and understand our responsibility to our finite resources. We spend every dollar as though it were our own. We are responsible for the impact we have on the world and to each other. We ensure our team and company stay healthy and financially sustainable.
- Deliver wow - We insist on high standards and deliver delightful, effective end-to-end experiences that our users can rely on. We choose to focus on fewer things - each of which aligns to our ambitious vision - so we can deliver high-quality experiences that accelerate positive measurable learning with our strategic partners.
- Cultivate learning mindset - We believe in the power of growth for learners and for ourselves. We constantly learn and teach to improve our offerings, ourselves, and our organization. We learn from our mistakes and aren’t afraid to fail. We don't let past failures or successes stop us from taking future bold action and achieving our goals.
- Bring out the joy - We are committed to making learning a joyful process. This informs what we build for our users and the culture we co-create with our teammates, partners and donors.