Senior / Staff Android Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA
- At least 2+ years of experience in writing high-quality, production-grade Kotlin code
- At least 3+ years of experience in building production-grade Android applications
- Experience working closely with product teams, designers, and other developers to create a truly delightful mobile experience
- Excellent communication skills. You collaborate effectively with teams in a fully remote environment and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You are self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You love to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure
- Architect, build and maintain the patterns and frameworks that power the video experience on Reddit's official Android app
- Contribute to the entire development cycle: technical design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You'll be reviewing code and design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks
- Take ownership of features and areas of the app that will impact millions of users
- Lead a team of thoughtful, fast-moving, and motivated engineers. Set and define standards that improve developer workflows, recommend best practices, and help coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development
- Work alongside a cross-functional team to build high-quality experiences
- Craft the direction of future mobile construction at Reddit
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.