Strategic Proposals Associate Principal
Updated on 5/15/2023
New York, NY, USA
- Meticulous and strategic; you can pay attention to every detail in a complex project while, at the same time, relating each of them to the big picture in a coherent way
- An exceptional writer and communicator with an instinctive appreciation for tone and structure; your colleagues have told you that they enjoy reading your work (and maybe you've even won awards)
- Socially-minded, action-oriented, and passionate about urbanism; you understand the importance of public transit and are motivated to improve worldwide access to mobility
- Able to quickly switch gears to coordinate with teams across the company and team members from associate-level to C-suite
- An academic high-achiever, preferably in the humanities, social sciences, or another field that requires regular long-form writing and argumentation (undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred)
- It's a plus if you have led (or played a leading role in) the development and success of a business or public sector proposal/pitch/deal/etc
- It's a plus if you have prior experience at a startup, transportation consulting firm, management consulting firm, or in the public sector
- Hone your strategic thinking skills by coordinating with Via's Partnerships, Expansion, and Finance teams to develop strategies for winning high-stakes, competitive procurements
- Absorb complex product specifications and distill into clear, easily-digestible prose
- Generate compelling original content by ascertaining a potential partner's needs and deploying your familiarity with Via's technology and operational capabilities, transit norms, and the latest innovations from across the industry
- Lead competitive procurements from beginning to end -- through evaluation, creation of exceptional proposal content, review, and submission
- Conduct rigorous research on global mobility trends by analyzing news stories, new service announcements, scopes of work, and other forms of information and synthesizing findings into insightful commentary
- Skillfully manage communications with potential partners over the phone and email
- Support senior team members during interviews with cities and transit agencies
- It's a plus if you have created and published an original and thoughtful essay, op-ed, or other piece of content; points if it is on the subject of technology, transit, urbanism, mobility, business strategy, or a related topic
Via's mission is to create a truly dynamic mass transit system, liberated from the constraints of fixed routes and fixed schedules
- Competitive salaries and equity packages.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Local volunteer opportunities.
- Support for all new parents.
- Learning opportunities through our Via-Versity.
- Employee Resource Groups.
Company Core Values
- Sharing - Sharing is a founding principle; it’s in our DNA. Sharing rides, yes (that one’s a no-brainer) but we’re also passionate about collaboration, resource and knowledge sharing, and even our successes and failures, too. We ride together, in all we do.
- Equity - Transportation is a great equalizer — it removes barriers to good jobs, quality healthcare, and educational opportunities for all. Where you live should not determine your economic mobility or overall quality of life.
- Sustainability - Building sustainable cities means working towards a car-free future. And in the short term, getting people out of their single occupancy vehicles and switching to electric vehicles wherever possible.
- AD&I - We’re committed to Anti-racism, Diversity, and Inclusion at Via, and in helping advance racial equity in transportation systems and through policy. A diverse and inclusive workforce is proven to drive real business success, and we work towards our AD&I goals every day.