The Legal & Business Affairs team at Major League Baseball supports the following Legal Department groups: Business & Technology, Global Media, Corporate & Finance, and the General Counsel. The Coordinator will perform the responsibilities set forth below on complex and diverse projects in support of the Legal & Business Affairs team’s functions.
- Contract Preparation and Administration:
- Extensive interaction with the company’s (and its affiliates’) business units (including licensing, marketing, social media, technology, product, strategy, mobile, ticketing, ballpark experience, enterprise software, information security, human resources and finance), Clubs and industry partners;
- Management, tracking preparation and negotiation of company transactional agreements; and
- Maintenance and updates to templates and boilerplate contract clauses
- Compliance Matters: Preliminary review of certain marketing, advertising, promotional, consumer product and other industry assets and assisting with development of applicable terms and conditions
- Research: Legal research needed to support the Legal Department
- Support: Various related tasks and special projects as requested by the Legal Department, including administrative support as necessary
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- College graduate and at least two years’ experience as a contract administrator / transactional paralegal (or equivalent); experience with software or technology licensing strongly preferred
- Excellent writing, verbal communication and organizational skills
- Top academic credentials and references
- Ability to handle privileged, confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate and professional manner
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and simultaneously accomplish multiple quantitatively and qualitatively challenging tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Google Workspace (Drive, Docs, Sheets), Workshare Compare and Internet research
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of opportunity, collaboration, and professionalism. The professionals who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify and solve problems, put the team first, and work collaboratively. For those who are ready to join the “Major Leagues” of their careers, MLB takes the same approach as they do with their players: striving to empower their own “workforce athletes” to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are ready to step up to the plate and continue transforming America’s pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB’s vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment.
With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!
Per the NYC pay transparency law, the hiring range for this position is $56,000 to $70,000.
As a candidate for this position, your salary and related elements of compensation will be contingent upon your work experience, education, skills and any other factors Major League Baseball (MLB) considers relevant to the hiring decision. In addition to your salary, MLB believes in providing a competitive compensation and benefits package for its employees. MLB offers employees a full range of best in class benefits with no employee contributions towards medical, dental, and vision coverage premiums, as well as incentive and recognition programs, life insurance and automatic employer 401k contributions. All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements and the terms of official plan documents which may be modified or amended from time to time.