Software Engineer, Backend (Membership)
Posted on 11/30/2021
International • Remote
- 2+ years of software engineering experience shipping production quality code
- Solid CS fundamentals and fluency in a dynamically typed language
- Prior experience building and launching complex software systems
- Well-developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better!
- Design and implement large scale services, elegant abstractions, and robust APIs
- Work with product and internal partners to extend our identity decisioning service
- Write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others
- Participate in our teams on-call rotation to communicate, escalate, and fix critical issues
- Collaborate with our Compliance team to identify, remediate, and prevent issues & risk
- Participate in making our team and workplace an inclusive environment
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
- Spending wallets: Access tech, food, lifestyle, and family planning wallets for your expenses
- Supportive communities: Get involved with our employee resource groups and community groups
- Remote-first workforce: If your role is remote, you can set up shop anywhere in your home country
- Generous time off: Take the time you need when life happens
- Health benefits: Get a plan that fits your needs
- Mental healthcare: Take care of your mind with great mental health programs
- Parental leave: Birth and non-birth parents get 18 weeks paid leave. Plus, a 4-week return-to-work transition program, at full base pay.
- Compensation: We have a simple, flexible, and transparent remote-first compensation structure so you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
- Away days: We offer 24 company-wide paid days off—which help our teams collectively pause to recharge.
- Learning & development: Engage in exciting learning programs to level up your growth.
Company Core Values
- People come first: We consider our impact on people’s lives before we think about our own interests.
- No fine print: We are completely transparent and honest—with our customers and with each other.
- It's on us: We take full accountability for our actions, never shirking responsibility or passing the buck.
- Simpler is better: We make complex things simple and clear.
- Push the envelope: We never stop innovating, taking smart risks, and raising the bar.