Principal Backend Engineer
Avatar Marketplace Scarcity
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Burlingame, CA, USA
- Experienced in designing and building backend systems behind consumer-facing API that handle a large number of concurrent users
- Solving scalability and reliability issues associated with different system architectures including micro-services
- Leading teams and breaking down product requirements into iterative deliverable stages
- A expert in SQL database-based applications with in-depth knowledge of query optimization and scalability concerns
- An experienced backend engineer with 8+ years of work experience
- A Computer-Science graduate or MS graduate
- Develop and design consumer-facing backend systems from scratch
- Build systems that address today's goal's with the flexibility to adapt and evolve to the future's needs
- Have an impact on the millions of users across the world and directly contribute to driving company revenue
- Focus on marketplace dynamics like price management, item availability, and quantity tracking
- Help build novel features like limited items (time or quantity), suggested pricing and dynamic fees, etc
- Design and implement both externally and internally facing backend APIs that handle large numbers (millions) of concurrent requests/users
Game platform and game creation system
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. They enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers.
- Benefits and Perks - The health and well-being of our employees and their families is our top priority. We offer robust and comprehensive programs with variety to best meet your needs.
- Well-Being Benefits - With flexible time off and a bi-annual, company-wide spring/summer recharge, Roblox knows how to balance working hard with winding down.
- Financial Benefits - Competitive compensation packages, 401(k) matching, and flexible share incentives that let you choose how to share in our success.
- Health and Wellness - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, family planning resources, and 12 weeks off for all new parents.
- Flexible Workplace - Our hybrid work schedule balances working onsite and working remotely. Enjoy daily lunch and an in-house fitness center when working from our San Mateo headquarters.
Company Core Values
- Inspire Others
- Work Hard
- Respect the Community
- Get Stuff Done