6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 0%
2 year growth↓ -2%
- Track record of working closely and successfully with Product and Engineering teams
- Experience in creating and developing automated or less manual solutions and processes
- Intermediate SQL skills and experience in performing complex data analysis
- Excellent third-party relationship management experience
- Experience in managing a senior/mid-level team
- Comfortable working in a remote, fast-paced, and quickly changing environment
- Results-driven and able to make and manage necessary decisions
- Experience in the payments or fintech industry (bonus)
- Experience in a remote, fast-paced, nimble environment (bonus)
- Experience in building and scaling operations (bonus)
- Strategically manage a team focused on conducting operational setup, testing, and problem-solving for new payments API integrations
- Measure the success of new integrations and prioritize and problem-solve performance issues
- Design and implement a strategic roadmap for moving off old technical integrations and tooling
- Ensure new integrations improve the overall user experience and solve pain points
- Experience in the payments or fintech industry
- Experience in a remote, fast-paced, nimble environment
- Experience in building and scaling operations
Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus on reducing the cost of remittances and increasing safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,000 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we’re open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
About the role
Zepz works with 200+ (and a constantly increasing number of) payment partners globally to help us facilitate an excellent cross-border money transfer service. This is a fundamental aspect of our business. A key aspect of what the Payments team focuses on is helping to onboard and integrate new partners; and very importantly, identify and solve any customer issues / friction points in a scalable way.
Reporting to Zepz’s Head of Payment Ops, you will be responsible for working closely with Zepz’s partner network (acquirers, technical service providers, aggregators, banks, mobile network operators), investigating and resolving reconciliation issues.
Your key areas of focus:
- Strategically managing a team focused on conducting operational setup, testing, and problem solving for new payments API integrations to ensure they are performing as expected and providing an excellent user experience
- Rigorously measuring the success of new integrations and working cross-functionally (Product, Engineering, Growth, Biz Dev) and with external stakeholders to prioritize and problem solve on performance issues once a new integration has gone live
- Working closely with senior Product and Engineering leaders to design and implement a strategic roadmap for moving off of old technical integrations and tooling and over to new technical platforms that meet operational needs for scaling effectively
- Working closely with the Payment Operations Directors overseeing “Performance” and “Reconciliation” to ensure that new integrations being launched are improving the overall user experience and solving for pain points their teams face
What you bring to the table:
- Working in close collaboration with Product + Engineering Teams to design successful integrations and technical platforms:
- You have a track record of working closely and successfully with Product and Engineering teams.
- You can clearly, successfully, and strategically communicate with technical teams about what is needed to operationally test and maintain new integrations and technical platforms. And you have experience working with Product and Engineering teams to design capabilities and features that enable effective operational use once built.
- You have a proven track record of creating and developing automated or less manual solutions and processes that resulted in improved efficiency and accuracy
- Data analysis and strategic use of analysis:
- You have at least intermediate SQL skills and can write your own queries / build dashboards for your team as needed (some of the team also has SQL skills).
- You have experience performing complex data analysis and making strategic decisions based on findings in a comprehensive but straightforward manner
- You prioritize effectively and can lead a team that prioritizes problem solving effectively based on data-driven analysis. You effectively use data to size problems and get cross-functional buy-in to solutions (e.g., Product / Engineering support is needed to solve problem XX that affects XX number of users; etc.)
- Problem solving with external partner stakeholders:
- You have excellent third-party relationship management experience, and a natural ability to build quick rapport. You have a track record of quickly and successfully engaging external stakeholders on high priority issues through to timely resolution (e.g., meeting with Senior Developers and Senior Operations points of contact at external stakeholder organizations we are technically integrated with)
- You have an understanding of technical API response / error codes and are able to be strategic in automation and manual handling of these
- People and Process Management:
- You have experience proactively developing and cascading strategic decisions, roadmaps, processes, and roles / responsibilities to your team and across teams. When you see that a process or roadmap doesn’t exist, isn’t working, or is breaking you dive in to proactively and comprehensively resolve it within your team and across functions that engage with your team
- You have experience successfully managing a senior / mid-level team (junior to senior managers)
- You have experience effectively working cross-functionally to prioritize and make big and small decisions independently (e.g., Product, Engineering, Growth, Biz Dev, Commercial)
- Working style:
- You are comfortable + excited to work asynchronously + lead a team in a remote team environment. The broader Payments team and Zepz team spans a multitude of time zones, and we are not all online together at the same time. The Head of Payments Ops is currently based in Washington, DC.
- You are a self-starter, take initiative, self-manage, and require little day-to-day direction to be successful.
- You are a world-class prioritizer - you can quickly take a long list of priorities and stack rank them based on what’s most important to do first, and why (using data to back up your prioritization). You are comfortable putting tasks on the back burner, so you can focus on the highest impact work.
- You are comfortable working in ambiguous, fast-paced, and quickly changing contexts.
- You don’t stop asking “why” until you understand the root cause of an issue. You develop solutions from first principles – “what is the best way to do this” rather than defaulting to what has been done before.
- You are results-driven and not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done no matter the task.
- You are experienced and have demonstrated success in both making and managing necessary but potentially unpopular or uncomfortable decisions, such as re-orienting how your team has worked in the past or what they have owned in the past.
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience working in the payments or broader fintech industry.
- Have experience working in a remote, fast-paced, nimble environment (e.g., startup, remote company).
- Have helped build and/or scale the operations of an organization or product/service.
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below will apply to Full-time roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you’re not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected.
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire. Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1,000 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to Apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ’perfect’ candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.