Service Shop Pump Technician
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Sanford, FL, USA
- High School diploma of equivalent required. 2-year technical training or equivalent preferred
- 2 years mechanical and maintenance experience
- 2 years equipment maintenance experience in wastewater collection or treatment systems
- Good verbal communication skills
- Valid drivers license with good driving history
- Must be able to obtain DOT certification if assigned a mobile service vehicle
- Light construction experience a plus
- Ability to read wiring schematics and have a basic understanding of pump station electrical controls and monitoring devices
- Demonstrate logical troubleshooting processes
- Troubleshoot and repair submersible pumps and other Flygt products, over the phone, in the shop and on location. Prepare cost estimates as required
- Wire, convert and test new or repaired pumps
- Handle or assist in shipping and receiving duties. Pick up and deliver pumps and parts (new or rental equipment). May perform parts department duties as required
- Maintain shop in an orderly, secure and efficient manner. Maintain shop equipment and tools, proper stock levels of pumps, parts and other products, including rental banks where applicable
- Assist customers with various service and sales related problems. This may include helping the customer select a pump or part
- Assist sales, service and inventory personnel as required
- Perform and/or assist in project assignments, reports and processing/maintenance of all required paperwork
- May order and/or make local purchases of shop supplies, parts., etc., when necessary
- Handle or assist in the performance of start-up duties or problems
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Innovative water solutions
Xylem helps consumers solve water. The company works to bring clean water, sanitation and hygiene education to schools and communities in emerging markets, and respond with water solutions when disaster strikes around the globe
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Company Core Values
- Respect: for each other, for diversity of people and opinions, for the environment
- Responsibility: for our words and actions, for customer satisfaction, for giving back to our communities
- Integrity: for acting ethically, for doing what we say we’ll do, for having the courage to communicate with candor
- Creativity: for thinking beyond boundaries, for anticipating tomorrow’s challenges, for unlocking growth potential