Head of Category
Domestic Low Carbon Tech
Updated on 11/30/2023
Cloud-based renewable energy service
Octopus Energy is on a mission to transform energy globally, faster and cheaper than anyone imagined. They are are relentless in driving the smart grid technologies that'll deliver cheaper green electricity to fuel our homes, businesses, cars and heating.
Data & Analytics
, United Kingdom
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↓ -56%
1 year growth↓ -44%
2 year growth↑ 43%
Operations & Logistics
- Experience of leading commercial and supply chain development activities in a supplier facing role within the residential low carbon tech space.
- Commercially sharp, understanding key supplier and market drivers and proactively able to make connections on seemingly unrelated areas.
- Entrepreneurial drive. You will have a growth and customer first mindset
- Resilience. We love to take the non-conformist routes, push boundaries and break market norms. By doing so, we’ll prob take some knocks on the way, but end up building some ground-breaking stuff.
- Comfortable working at speed in a start-up culture, with the ability to lead commercial and tech development activities in an ever-changing environment.
- Good at managing your priorities, we’re only human, but generally you can juggle a lot of balls and focus on what’s important
- Low cost country sourcing experience would be a bonus
- Flexibility to travel 2-3 days a week (with occasional international travel).
- Lead our global commercial, procurement, and supply chain development for one or more of our residential low carbon tech product lines such as Heat Pumps, EV Charge Points, Solar PV or Battery Storage.
- Lead sourcing activities for predominantly high value, strategic requirements covering low carbon tech across one or more countries.
- Work closely with wider areas of the business to drive creative commercial solutions and bring to market hardware / software products that our customers love.
- Develop scalable solutions the enable our in-house supply chain to become a source of competitive advantage, helping our customers to decarbonise their homes faster and cheaper.
- Low cost country sourcing experience