Privacy & Data Protection
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Seattle, WA, USA • Remote in USA
- 15+ of legal experience with a strong knowledge of:
- Development and management of an effective global privacy and cybersecurity program, including relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards, ideally in a financial services environment
- Privacy laws and issues in relation to evolving technology, preferably in the cryptocurrency and blockchain ecosystem
- Broad product development and compliance experience ideally in crypto/fintech, including implementation of enterprise risk management standards and Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) tools and systems
- Experience working with and presenting to diverse, cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- You are passionate about Circle's mission and values, financial technology and the disruptive potential of cryptocurrency and blockchains
- You are comfortable working outside of your comfort zone in an evolving and growing environment that is prone to rapid changes, extreme velocity and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- You apply sound, practical business judgment to your legal recommendations, and are creative at solving problems while balancing important legal risks for the business
- You can exercise good judgment in time-sensitive, high-pressure situations, work autonomously and independently with minimal guidance and are also comfortable working collaboratively as part of a team
- You are obsessively organized, energetic, passionate about supporting your team/ a team player
- You have a JD (or foreign equivalent degree) and active membership in at least one US State Bar. Prior in-house experience for at least 5 years a must, including public traded companies
- CIPP certification strongly preferred
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite
- Providing support to Circle's global legal operations, risk management efforts and strategic business objectives and priorities
- Advising Circle stakeholders on, among other things, comprehensive approaches to a variety of product development initiatives, regulatory compliance and enterprise risk management matters and guidance, implementation and maintenance with respect to crisis management, privacy, data protection and cybersecurity frameworks globally
- Collaborating closely with information security, compliance and enterprise risk team members to define scope, engage stakeholders, prioritize and drive execution of key crisis management, privacy compliance, data protection and cybersecurity initiatives
- Owning and managing multiple project initiatives, legally compliant process improvements and workstreams critical to large scale, complex privacy projects
- Conducting privacy impact and risk assessments, and leading adoption of internal privacy principles, ensuring privacy by design into business operations
- Providing training, thought leadership and mentoring worldwide on privacy and cybersecurity consistent with Circle's related policies, standards and procedures
- Conducting, overseeing and providing support in connection with internal investigations
- Proactively identifying a variety of compliance risk areas and strategies to mitigate them
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
Company Core Values
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.