Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Washington, DC, USA • Remote
Development Operations (DevOps)
Google Cloud Platform
- 4+ years in DevOps or SRE roles, with a focus on tooling, automation and infrastructure on a major public cloud provider
- Proficiency with coding and/or scripting with the following languages (Python, Shell, Go)
- You have at least 3 years of combined experience in building and maintaining CI/CD platforms and supporting agile engineering teams in building microservices
- Building Docker images and deploying containers in Kubernetes clusters
- Any modern CI/CD platform with seemingly complex gates and workflows
- Blue-Green, Canary, and A/B Testing deployment strategies
- Distributed blockchain systems, running and maintaining blockchain full nodes
- Database technologies (PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch)
- Migrating and transforming large, complex datasets from diverse sources, structures, and formats
- Data warehousing tooling and services (Airflow, AWS DMS, Snowflake)
- Knowledge of networking routing, DNS, load balancing, and edge networking
- Knowledge of APM, RUM, monitoring, and telemetry tools
- Helm charts and deploying and maintaining Kubernetes clusters
- Authoring and maintaining IaC with Terraform and using IaC to deploy resources in AWS, Azure, GCP, or any other public cloud providers
- Strong skills around observability, troubleshooting, and performance solutioning
- Ability and eagerness to deep dive into understanding, debugging and improving any layer of the tech stack
- Exhibit strong communication skills and ability to explain technical concepts to peers and stakeholders
- 7+ years in DevOps or SRE roles, with a focus on tooling, automation and infrastructure on a major public cloud provider
- Led teams technically on architecture and system design
- Deep understanding/experience with:
- API design and REST principles
- Cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc)
- Containers and Kubernetes
- SQL databases and designing schemas
- Deep focus on coding standards and code quality - a desire to have great test coverage
- 10+ years in DevOps or SRE roles, with a focus on tooling, automation and infrastructure on a major public cloud provider
- Expert in many areas of System availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning
- Possess the best practices on automation, system design, and improvements to system resilience
- 12+ years in DevOps or SRE roles, with a focus on tooling, automation and infrastructure on a major public cloud provider
- Cross-functional partnership to align teams with external stakeholders
- A champion on setting coding standards and code quality - a desire to have great test coverage to enable continuous delivery
- Support multiple development teams with an agile, responsive CI/CD platform to deliver high-quality builds with measurable performance and quality
- Build, maintain, improve, scale and secure cloud infrastructure and resources using IaC tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi)
- Automate operational tasks via Go, Python and serverless solutions (AWS Lambda, Kubernetes Jobs)
- Design, manage and monitor Kubernetes clusters for multiple production workloads
- Driving forward our blockchain infrastructure by creating and managing blockchain nodes across a wide variety of blockchains that includes Algorand, Ethereum, Hedera, Flow, Solana, Stellar, Tron
- Participate in an on-call rotation to mitigate disruption for any production systems and conduct root cause analysis
- Plan and test disaster recovery scenarios for a highly available microservices architecture
- Collaborate with the Security team to create and maintain security-focused tools and frameworks and exert a top-class security posture
- Engaging and mentoring team members and helping grow and scale the team
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
Company Core Values
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.