Junior Developer - C++
Posted on 2/1/2022
Chicago, IL, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or related field completed upon employment
- Experience programming in C++
- Experience with several of the following -- distributed systems, networking, data structures & algorithms, and operating systems
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Exposure to scripting and rudimentary data mining and regression analysis, ideally in Python with Pandas and Numpy
- Ability to communicate with the trading team, obtain requirements, find solutions and implement them in a clean and concise way
- Passion for innovation and building systems from the ground up
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently
- Strong sense of ownership
- Must be graduating in Summer 2022 or prior
- Major GPA of 3.0 or above
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required on the first day of employment including F-1 students using OPT or STEM
Trading firm specializing in derivatives market-making
Akuna Capital is a proprietary trading firm specializing in derivatives market making and sophisticated modeling with a commitment to cutting-edge technology.
- Generous Paid Leave Policies - Vacation leave starting at 20 days per year that increases based on tenure, flexible sick leave, primary carer’s leave starting at 12 weeks, and volunteer time off.
- Medical & Retirement Packages - 100% coverage of monthly premiums for employees enrolled in Akuna’s BlueCross BlueShield offerings and dental and vision plans, as well as a 401(k) plan with company match.
- Wellness & Inclusion - Our employees have access to complimentary fitness and mindfulness events both in-person and virtually, as well as an in-building gym in our Chicago office. Additionally, our employee-led Culture Committee works together to continue building a healthy, positive, and inclusive work environment.
- Continuing Education - We are proud to offer firm-wide classes through our Akuna U program, access to webinars, digital books, and case studies via Safari, opportunities to attend conferences, and tuition reimbursements to make sure you keep learning!
- Social Events - We host happy hours, team outings and poker nights, sponsor a variety of employee-led clubs and sports teams, and offer volunteer opportunities to all employees.
- Kitchen & Games Room - Catch up over a coffee made to order by our in-house barista and grab a bite to eat in our stocked kitchen, or challenge a fellow coworker to a friendly ping pong match in our games room!
- Referral Bonuses - We want to reward you for helping us grow our awesome, hard-working team.
- Rapid innovation through new technologies
- Collaborative flow of knowledge
- A thirst for individual growth and opportunity