Backend, Trust & Safety
Posted on 7/27/2022
Wrigleyville, Chicago, IL, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- 2+ years as a dedicated backend engineer with experience at scale
- You have broad experience building backend services on cloud infrastructure
- You get unusually excited about distributed systems and scalable design
- You have a good understanding of operating systems and computer networking
- You are proficient in a handful of different programming languages and truly experienced in at least one concurrent programming framework
- You're excited about building the tools and services that compose the backbone of our company
- Write and iterate on budgeting algorithms, transaction enrichment pipelines and financial insights systems
- Develop highly available, secure, APIs to power exciting product features like auto-budgeting and bills recommendations
- Work with machine learning and data science experts to deploy cutting-edge predictive systems
- Build distributed systems to handle large-scale internal workloads that allocation funds for all of our users daily
- Expand a world-class platform of financial services for the 21st century
- Experience with the US financial system, specifically money movement
- Experience building and deploying feature pipelines and machine learning models (machine learning experience is not required for this role. We're excited to teach you what you need!)
Effortless budgeting, saving, and investing
Digit's mission is to make financial health effortless, so they designed a smart bank account that constantly guides money in the right direction. Digit plans for today, tomorrow, and way, way later by making spending, bills, savings, and investments all work together.
- 100% paid family medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401(k) plan
- 18 weeks parental leave
- Wellness perks
- Lunch stipend
- Life, AD&D, disability benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fertility reimbursement
- Mental health resources
- Internet reimbursement
Company Core Values
- In it for the journey - We're here to improve the financial health of everyone we serve. It won't always be easy, but we're here for the long haul.
- Focus on impact: We tackle the most important problems first. We learn quickly from mistakes and take responsibility for the impact of our efforts.
- Build trust - We give direct feedback to each other and always strive to do the right thing because that’s what’s best for our members.